Dropped my 19' Base today; not even sitting on the bike.... I JUST WANTED GAS

I did a bad thing at a gas station earlier on a group ride... fell over on the exhaust side. SOMEHOW the damage was ridiculously minimal. I scratch on the muffler, rear brake pedal is bend in slightly, but still useable (Gonna check on bending it back). The front brake lever chipped off about a 1/2 inch, so my own custom shorty! Super embarrassed. Luckily my group are good dudes. They saw me fall over the top of the bike when I couldn't stop it; helped me pick it up and went over it with me. My ego took the most damage

God it sucked. The upside? Even with ZERO frame projection/ sliders it really only did the above. Here's some shots of how it look. Do any of you use hte R&G proection? Or the RSD Frame Sliders? The RSD's seem like they'd have more coverage but again; never seen either in person. With that said guys, I got walked by an MT-10, was neck and neck with a Triumph Street Triple RS until the higher RPM's and speeds, then he took off. But the MT-09, that was dead even if not my a bit ahead; depended on who launch first. Great time, It's so good for me to meet a group of GOOD riders that aren't psycho's on the road.

Attachments

• B7.jpg
    B7.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 48
  • B6.jpg
    B6.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 48
  • B4.jpg
    B4.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 46
  • B3.jpg
    B3.jpg
    739.9 KB · Views: 43
Also as a side note? Swapping the stocks for a grippier rears was a total game changer... I'm really.

Here's the stock then new; within a week of each other. Different bike basically.

Attachments

• April-2021.JPG
    April-2021.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
  • New Tires.jpg
    New Tires.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56

Wayne

I recently tried to purchase the RSD frame sliders and could not find them at RSD or Indian. I contacted RSD and found out that they only designed them and that Indian was responsible for the manufacturing. Unfortunately Indian has since dropped this product.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yes, puig and R&g are the only options now, unless you can find a set of rsd sliders at a dealership

Wayne

I just ordered the RSD frame sliders. Go figure I couldn't find the part in the US so I ordered it from the UK. Odd I have to buy a part for an an American made bike in the UK. That works for me but it was a little more expensive. Turn about is fair play I suppose.

K9F

...........Go figure I couldn't find the part in the US so I ordered it from the UK. Odd I have to buy a part for an an American made bike in the UK. That works for me but it was a little more expensive. Turn about is fair play I suppose.

Welcome to our World on This Side of the Pond. Think we have easier access to many aftermarket parts though? Won't get into the 80% mark up in price for Corbin Seats. Small price to pay over here for riding a very rare machine a little 'out of the box' though.

cupcake_mike

I'm pretty happy I picked up my rsd frame sliders for 50% off (before they fixed the glitch) and paid for them using free indian money. They are nice, don't get me wrong, but like most of the RSD stuff, a little on the tall money side. I use mine for highway pegs.

Would anyone like to provide the specs / dimensions on the RSD frame sliders? I have a mill and can weld. I am sure I can come close to the sliders.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
There is no advantage to them other than looks vs the other options out there other than looks. And you would need a cnc machine to make them.

cupcake_mike

Would anyone like to provide the specs / dimensions on the RSD frame sliders? I have a mill and can weld. I am sure I can come close to the sliders.

Its literally a spacer the bolts to the front engine mounts, with a delrin/nylon/whatever replaceable plug on the end. If you have a mill (a lathe would probably come in handy too) you could make yours however you want, they just have to stick out past the radiator, the widest part of the bike. Hell, you could do it out of your choice of tubing, a welder and a drill press. Not much to it.

You could make RSD copies without a CNC, but I sure wouldn't want to.

D

Deleted member 706

Yeah I get that, I dropped mine recently and took about a inch and a half of the brake lever, araldite for a repair. Now that you mention it I think that the RSD knobs helped and also I think that the gear lever is not quite at 90 degrees any more. The muffler got a bit of a scratch too.
How did it happen?
Fuckhead didn't take the disc lock off...

Attachments

• IMG_20210429_221428.jpg
    IMG_20210429_221428.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
.... And you would need a cnc machine to make them.
Actually, a CNC machine only does "manual" milling via programmed instructions. You just have to know how to mill. I have done everything from specialized dry sump mounts on Ford racing engines to red dot slide mounts for pistols. Using a rotary table lets me also do milling that most people would think you could only do on a lathe.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Oh course you could make them on a mill by hand... a part that cost $175 to buy would require at least 8hrs of your time on a manual mill.

easier to just slap some bar stock in a lathe and make some R&g knock offs

Oh course you could make them on a mill by hand... a part that cost $175 to buy would require at least 8hrs of your time on a manual mill.

easier to just slap some bar stock in a lathe and make some R&g knock offs
You haven't taken into account that I enjoy projects. I can afford $175.

FTRRCv2

I just ordered the RSD frame sliders. Go figure I couldn't find the part in the US so I ordered it from the UK. Odd I have to buy a part for an an American made bike in the UK. That works for me but it was a little more expensive. Turn about is fair play I suppose.
Can you tell me where you ordered those? I only found one place and they are backordered.