Essential Tuning Questions - Where to go from here?

I did yes, then went to a race fit. Got the same mid range tq dip, then went to the Toce full system and it’s now gone. Lots of trial and error on my part
So you're saying the ideal solution (By ideal solution I mean the one where I'm getting the best power I can from the mods I"ve got); once I get back from Bike Week and can save some money and do it proper... is to just go with the full 2-in-1 TOCE Low-Mount system, Headers to Muffler? Then tune as needed.

Correct. But it’s loud
Damn yeah? I need a vid... I'll start YT'ing it here in a few lol. I know it's nothing like real life but; really my short term for Florida was gonna be JUST cat delete link pipe with stock everything else and PV-3.

Also I haven't said this enough Ferraiolo1, thanks for all you do. You've helped make enjoying this amazing bike even more fun. I don't care about the cold start; weird tuning issues. I'm in it for the long haul baby. I wanna be one of the first with a 2019 w/ 100k miles. Like I'm here to ride it, break it, fix it, ride it some more. #MarkMyWords

edgelett

This might help you - comparison video between my stock system and the Toce full system.
I got the DB killer included in case it was too loud for me, and with the DB killer I find it fine.
My other half's Harley is pretty close to the same volume.

Charliemurphay

And videos really do not do it justice how loud it is. I had a Toce link pipe paired with the S&S slip-on (db reducer in) on mine for 4 days, and while I really liked the overall sound of the bike, videos did not prepare me for nor did I enjoy the volume and ended up putting the cat back on. Some people like volume and that’s fine, it just wasn’t for me. Perfect for me is the cat back on with the dB reducer removed. It is loud without the cat.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
They are not. No indications of it on the ecu itself.

as dealers have the ability to update it to the new software. So it’s a crap shoot as to which update you have when buying a bike. Or even after getting the bike serviced. As some dealers update it without letting the owner know

Last edited:

Wayne

Jacob, since you are going to bike week you may want to try and snag a Lloyds Garage VIP pass at the Hard Rock. It may already be too late but I just received this today. link is below.

Jacob, since you are going to bike week you may want to try and snag a Lloyds Garage VIP pass at the Hard Rock. It may already be too late but I just received this today. link is below.

Yeah man I think it's too little too late damnit... Yesterday night I literally ordered the FuelMoto PV-3 & Cat Delete Link pipe. I'm hoping the tuner arrives on Feb 12th; Friday I can get it hooked up and pull all the data that Fuel Moto needs and then get the tuen back from them and immediately install the Cat Delete!!

Thanks for thanking of me though mate.

Wayne

You still may be able to get the VIP pass since you own an FTR. You didn't need to get the tune from them. I am sending my ECU back to Ryan for the bench tune. The down side is my PV-3 becomes an expensive paper weight since it is locked to the current serial number and the PV won't work with the v6 ECU.

Wayne

if you know a way to do that I'm all ears. Ryan is hoping that Power Vision will release an SDK for the PV-3 but I wouldn't hold my breath.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It’s on the pv3 page. It’s a new license.
I think it’s $150

so sell your locked pv3 for $150, and just say the new owner needs to buy a new license