Fitting Raximo levers

kiwi dave

Today, I tried to fit the Raximo levers to my FTR1200.

The clutch worked fine, but the front brake lever is proving troublesome.

There appears to be a pin on the original Indian lever that is operating the hydraulics. I believe this needs to be transferred over, but I cannot convince it to let go of the original lever.

Any thoughts or encouraging advice?

kiwi dave

Reverted back to the original levers, I decided the levers are too short for my pork sausage fingers. Not as good looking, but better functionally IMHO.
Press the pivot bushing out from the oem lever and the inner piece can be removed. 👍🏻
Mine wouldn't budge, I was afraid I was going to destroy something if I persevered.

Max Kool

Which part of this doesn’t work?
871889E0-F6AE-4947-8131-65D43C5AF1E5.jpeg

Clamped, in a vise.

Else there must be other Kiwis that may want them? This is the same model for many Ducatis and big KTM’s, shouldn’t be too hard to sell.

Last edited:

kiwi dave

I already had them on a 1400 Guzzi Custom. They came with the bike.

Are there other other not-so-short replacement levers available? If so, please guide me to the place where I might be able to see and perhaps order them from.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Raximo makes non short versions.and a few other companies. But you still have to press the bushing out of the stock lever for them

Last edited:

Helge

Raximo sells clutch / brake levers (long version) with adjustable lever length for people with big hands and a better brake effect in my opinion.
I used in general short levers for motocross / small flat track motorcycles..

edgelett

Are you pushing out the right part?
it's the inner most ring that you need to remove.
so in this picture, the bit right in the centre

1647244139935.png

it's circled in red in the 2nd picture here.
1647244112555.png

another image highlighting what you need to push out.

1647244208629.png

kiwi dave

Raximo sells clutch / brake levers (long version) with adjustable lever length for people with big hands and a better brake effect in my opinion.
I used in general short levers for motocross / small flat track motorcycles..
Can you please advise where the longer version levers are available for purchase? I may revisit this, after I pay my psychologist's bill. :rolleyes:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You literally have to hammer it out. When you’re hammering on the correct lever.

and they are raximos website. The longer ones.

kiwi dave

You literally have to hammer it out. When you’re hammering on the correct lever.

I'm keen not to alter the existing level, especially if hammering is involved.
I reckon I could easily make a duplicate for the clutch, though the brake lever, operating a hydraulic pump, is a bit more complicated.

Nothing has been damaged except my wallet.

edgelett

Can you please advise where the longer version levers are available for purchase? I may revisit this, after I pay my psychologist's bill. :rolleyes:
I gave you the link to both the shorty levers and the longer ones that are adjustable when I offered to import them for you several months ago.
you said that you wanted the shorty ones, so that's what I ordered for you.
you said 'Shorties is what I like. I reckon you only need longer levers if the existing pull is too heavy.'

And even if you decide to get the longer ones - they fit exactly the same way as the ones I sent you - you need to remove the internal bit from the original brake lever to fit them.
I'm not sure you'd get any benefit from having them if you can't get the piece out that you need.