FTR protection?

Sh00bs

i commented on both pictures on IG and sent the guy a DM... it was what like the fall of 2019 when he posted pics ? so fall of 2020 and now summer of '21, he's pushing other cages out and lets be honest covid is pretty much gone - but regardless what does covid have to do with building cages? i can get material just fine.
i just dont like being lied to lol

i think i can replicate the crash bars from his pictures. just a thick washer, tubing and some welds is all you need to build these really... and a good metal cutter.

i dont think i'd want to build them to sell, but at least for myself and maybe do a DIY for other memebers that would like to build them or take the DIY to a local metal shop to have a set fab'd. i fully plan on doing wheelies and being stupid on mine, so i'd like some good protection

edit: im 28yo and have my tig welding certs. i dont fab for a living but can build whatever. it's my fall back career lol i build cages and custom exhausts for my cars and projects. IG: Sh00bs if you'd like to see some stuff.
will update with what he replies to on IG

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
A few of us messaged the two bigger places that made prototypes a while ago.

There really wasn't much of a market for them, which is probably why they dropped interest.

edgelett

lets be honest covid is pretty much gone - but regardless what does covid have to do with building cages? i can get material just fine.
i just dont like being lied to lol
it depends on where you live.
Covid is definitely not 'gone' in Europe, and a number of manufacturing places are still closed.
and it's probably affecting some companies more than others.
We can't get certain new vehicles here in Aus due to Covid affecting production in some countries.

Sh00bs

Well.......I ordered everything I could from R&G to try and offer some level of protection:
1x Indian FTR1200/S '19- Boot Guard kit (Black 3 grip kit) (EZBG1600BL)

1x Aero Crash Protectors - Indian FTR1200 '19- / FTR1200S '19- (CP0473BL)

1x R&G Carbon Lever Guard - BMW S1000RR -'18 & HP4 / Indian FTR1200/S '19- (LG0002C)

1x Fork Protectors - Indian FTR1200/S '19- (FP0224BK)

1x M8 Cotton reels (CR0001BK)

2x Rear Spindle Blanking Plate (LHS) - Indian FTR1200/S '19- (SBP0011BK)

1x Frame Plugs LHS - Indian FTR1200/S '19- (FI0158BK)

1x Frame Plugs RHS - Indian FTR1200/S '19- (FI0159BK)

1x RD Moto Oil Filler Caps, Most older Ducatis M22x1,5mm, GOLD (RDM-OC2G)
got any pics ?

mtberbob

Impaktech cages are coming soon, some pics were posted on FTR1200Owners Instagram of current stage in design/fabrication.

EDIT: Here is a pic I found that I had saved... I think they will look good once powder-coated to match the frame.View attachment 252
I'm guessing this isnt coming ever, they ignored my comments on ig when I asked about these. would have been nice to have.