Gilles Tooling rearsets groupbuy

Fuse5

Thanx, yes i will. There was a small opportunity where i would be in US in 3 weeks which is cancelled by the president ;)

K9F

Thanx, yes i will. There was a small opportunity where i would be in US in 3 weeks which is cancelled by the president ;)

Rebook your ticket with my name on it from the UK. I'll get it for you as we're still allowed in at the moment.:LOL:

Fuse5

Rebook your ticket with my name on it from the UK. I'll get it for you as we're still allowed in at the moment.:LOL:

Just thought about going over UK, second was Canada - use one of these bridges to Michigian or will come as
a Quebec one in over that area.Third - Russia - going over water to Alaska and i am in :D

sorry for.. back to topic
Dont get that price over here right now.

Fuse5

Just for your information..
There will be no passenger pegs available at the same design.. :rolleyes:

Did somedody get a a opportunitity for the rear axle nut yet

Max Kool

Rizoma apparently has passenger pegs adapers, and pegs.

Which rear axle nut btw? The protectors, or a replacement one? (apparently one from a Buell -forgot the type- bolts straight up)

Fuse5

uppps.. that one..
IMG_3434.JPG

to something simular (Titan)
ME24_7758217_1.jpg
Like the Gilles one (with safety system) but they won´t make it after request
(we still got a different axle thread like others )

..back to the the rearsets
You should be able to find a distributer in your country..

Wasn´t impossible.. but not avaliable :unsure: ( US-Delivery? :D)
thankx to ! ..another FTR Rider (unknown over here at the moment)

Max Kool

You could drill the rear axle where the C-clip is, and use a spring clip? I had that on one of our DR650's.

But matter of factly, I don't even know what the C-clip actually does on the FTR. It won't stop the nut from running loose if it were, and I would feel the wobbly loose axle way before it would run against the C-clip.

My Ducati didn't have one, nor a self locking nut, yet I felt totally safe...

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
There are a lot of bikes that don’t have locking axle nuts these days. No real reason for them if torqued properly.
I just throw some torque stripe on mine and ride.

only time you would need to safety one is if your racetrack requires it.

Fuse5

To drill a hole for a C-spring should be not the problem.. the C-Clip is to far away far safety ..imho
Just looking forward to get something for the axle thread which is not available.
Got someone over here who might do something.. ;) takes time..

@ferraiolo1
for sure..

only looking arround better then standard one..

Last edited:

mark.lb

I think the C-clip is for safety. It prevents the axle nut from coming completely off the axle thread which could allow the axle to slide out of the wheel. I saw this happen one time many years ago on a friends HD Sportster.