Hello from Maryland USA

FTR London

I have quoted this post so it is preserved in history forever, to be known as the day I was right lmao!
(just teasing)

I found youtube videos give a great indication of the tone of an exhaust, but not volume so I got the DB killer just in case.
Good news for you, is the new design (which you have) makes putting the DB killer in and out a LOT easier than the older model like mine.

As to the bracket - that's weird. Assuming you used WD40 to help everything slide on well when you assembled it?
maybe a 2nd pair of hands to help you get it in place?

Regarding your sound comparison video - forgive me for prying, because it was useful prior to ordering the exhaust, (even though I should have heeded it), but at 2:28, it looks like your hanger is also on the outside of the bracket:

I've seen other pictures that are the same. The angle of the can wouldn't clear the swingarm so it had to go on at the front. I wonder if this is to do with the new design too? No bother, it sits in a very similar position...

IMG_20220503_171251008_HDR.jpg

As for the sound - it's just like this Scout 60 Hooligan Street Tracker...only louder. :unsure:

edgelett

Regarding your sound comparison video - forgive me for prying, because it was useful prior to ordering the exhaust, (even though I should have heeded it), but at 2:28, it looks like your hanger is also on the outside of the bracket:
you know what - now I'm going to have to look when I get home lol.
maybe it DOES go on the outside.....

edgelett

I don't think it should and it's bugging me but I did try. @Breto and @ferraiolo1 both have theirs located on the inside reducing stress on the brackets.
Well- it appears that my darling husband installed my end can on the inside not rhe outside when he reinstalled the exhaust for me a year ago..... I hadn't noticed to be honest until you pointed it out. he did it when I was at band practice and he is NOTORIOUS for not following instructions. it is definitely supposed to be on the inside. I'll fix it when I have time.

FTR London

Well- it appears that my darling husband installed my end can on the inside not rhe outside when he reinstalled the exhaust for me a year ago..... I hadn't noticed to be honest until you pointed it out. he did it when I was at band practice and he is NOTORIOUS for not following instructions. it is definitely supposed to be on the inside. I'll fix it when I have time.
That explains why in your original video it is indeed on the inside. I don't appear to have the option although I'll give it another try.

FTR London

This is the correct way -

image (1)-1.png

I'm going to have to re-think it, play with the springs and give it another try. Thing is, I knew this in advance, but couldn't seem to get it into place.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
@FTR London yeah your alignment of the head pipes is off. Also my exhaust is one of their prototypes. So my muffler sits in further than normal systems.

but there is no limit as to how many threads you can make vs derailing the ops topic. And you will get more help in separate threads anyway as the info won’t get buried.

op if you didn’t pick up the bike yet dm me. I can get you some money off.

PaddyMac

Welcome!! I had my first Sushi at a place called (oddly enough) Kawasaki's in Baltimore with a girl who was a hella fast sportbike rider.
I'm 3 mo into my ownership and initially poopoo'ed the tune but the cool kids on here who say it's a must speak the truth. If you getting a 22 the rub is the whole exhaust system is welded so you'll have to go full system if exhaust is your thang. You can delete the baffles easy to make it sound better (youtube it). To lose the overbuilt rear fender or not is a hot topic. You got options on this little runner. Enjoy!
Oh...The overbuilt fender has to go. It looks like they were setting it up to haul trailers. Test riding tonight!

PaddyMac

Hey paddymac you say your in Maryland? I’m in md also just outside of Annapolis, I got my FTR in 2019 and just love it can’t stop riding it, we will have to run in to each other this summer, I rode my bike to Arizona and Utah last year and had a blast but a sore ass though, trying to get a saddleman seat after I sell some blood but didn’t have any problems at all, I have a rack on the back to bungee my duffel bag to S&S slip on with Ryan Lloyd down load on the ECU , small windshield for traveling, enjoy it
I'm in Hagerstown and lucky enough to have a local Indian shop

JDP

Hagerstown dealership is a good one they helped me out a couple times with some parts issues, I’m 10 minutes from the Annapolis dealership but it’s small and seems like there into the other makes they sell not very out going, I ran into a few guys that ride FTRs out your way , I just joined our local Indian riders club just to see what kind of rides they put on , have fun with your new ride

Notaharley

I'm in Hagerstown and lucky enough to have a local Indian shop
FYI....
I am down in TN off 81 on the VA border.
I left the darn thing on because it keeps all the crap off me. It's actually amazing. Even on wet dirt roads I get basically nothing on the back of my expensive Indian jacket (all Indian jackets are expensive, lol)

Did you get it? Where are good places to ride near you?