Hot Seat

Do the people complaining about this ride in freakin' shorts? I wear jeans, have been stuck in traffic and I don't even feel any excess heat.

If you can't stand the (next to nothing) heat, get out of the kitchen...maybe a Honda would work for you. Unbelievable.
Glad it’s not an issue for you.

mark.lb

If you are riding or commuting in stop and go traffic I can appreciate the concern about heat. I am a recreational rider. I prefer the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania where speeds of 50-80 mph are the norm and there is virtually no stopping/starting. Under these conditions heat is not a factor....

marcus

OT: I you think you have want a hot seat drive a Buell XB oder 1125 at stop and go.
You'll never think about an heated seat for the cold time. ;)

Greg

Just received my FTR today from Chris Walker Kawasaki. I thought I’d bite the bullet and have the S&S high level pipes fitted by them and add them to my overall bill, knew I’d never be able to warrant spending So much on them after. Pleased with how they look but Jesus Christ my leg was on fire after only 10mins! I know I’ve only got myself to blame, but just wondering If anyone else has these and what they do? Seriously thinking about sewing a leather patch onto my jeans. Think this exhaust system is definitely style over function, ....... sounds mega tho!

nnm505

Just received my FTR today from Chris Walker Kawasaki. I thought I’d bite the bullet and have the S&S high level pipes fitted by them and add them to my overall bill, knew I’d never be able to warrant spending So much on them after. Pleased with how they look but Jesus Christ my leg was on fire after only 10mins! I know I’ve only got myself to blame, but just wondering If anyone else has these and what they do? Seriously thinking about sewing a leather patch onto my jeans. Think this exhaust system is definitely style over function, ....... sounds mega tho!
I have no problem with the S & S high level pipes.

mark.lb

I’m 61 years old. My daughters are grown and have kids of their own. I really don’t need my nuts anymore but I still value the skin on my right thigh. I think I will stick with the stock Akrapovic cans on my RR. But if I ever see you out riding I will tell you how cool your bike looks and sounds!

nnm505

I’m 61 years old. My daughters are grown and have kids of their own. I really don’t need my nuts anymore but I still value the skin on my right thigh. I think I will stick with the stock Akrapovic cans on my RR. But if I ever see you out riding I will tell you how cool your bike looks and sounds!
Ok, should you ever come out to New Mexico. BTW: I am 68.

Greg

Maybe it’ll just take some getting used to then, I’ll see. When moving it’s not so bad, but at slow speeds and stopping at lights ect, my thigh actually rests on the exhaust. Planning a trip to the Lakes in the next few weeks, so we’ll see how it goes. Keep checking the “for sale” section on here, maybe they’ll be a bargain S&S system on shortly!

edgelett

Guys at our local dealer mentioned one fellow had gone the SS high pipes route, and while it looks great they have trouble even just test riding it after a service cause it gets so hot. But they’re also shorter guys (around 5’6”) so maybe that makes a difference?