Hot Seat

Murdock

Beside all the fun Arnold ... we may have different tastes of what is pretty or not. But keep an eye on your engine temp. You rear cylinder needs the fresh air although it is liquid cooled.

Murdock

hmmm ... I don't think it's bullshit. An engine in a closed box runs hotter than one that has some airflow. But I am not a technician.

Max Kool

The coolant, radiator, waterpump, fan and thermostat do a very good job of keeping the engine temp between 173 and 205F. Don't worry about that.
The added cooling effect of air on a watercooled engine is close to nihil, zilch. Ever heard a jetski complain? That one has its engine in a closed box. Or an outboard motor...

Don't overthink it.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You rear cylinder needs the fresh air although it is liquid cooled.

No it doesnt, thats why its liquid cooled. If that was the case you would never see full fairing bikes, or cars with hoods, or boats with engines in holes.

Only thing that flaps going to do is just channel even more heat towards the riders calves and up to his or her crotch

Murdock

The radiator in a car is cooled down by the air that comes trough the grille. Engines in boats and jet skies are cooled with the cool water they drive in, it is circulated in and out by a pump. Full fairing bikes channel air from under the front mask through outlets in the fairing. Why runs a car or bike hot in a traffic jam? Because air flow is missing.

I don't overthink it, but it's not nothing ;-)

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
like the air that flows over the radiator on a liquid cooled bike? With a fan that Operates when the airflow decreases or stops?

And modern day liquid cooled engines don’t over heat in Traffic Unless there is a failure in the cooling system

Murdock

I don't overthink it ... but maybe you do? I think ... for a piece of bs ...it is discussed enough now.

Now you are onto something! Let me know how it works after a test ride....
Seems to help some. I haven’t even put the gold foil on it yet. The flaps open and the heat seems to go more lateral now to escape. Instead of groin heat, it’s hitting your outer thighs more where there’s already a breeze. Still slight seat heat. Hopefully the foil helps a little more with that. This bike puts out a lot of heat.

Max Kool

Seems to help some. I haven’t even put the gold foil on it yet. The flaps open and the heat seems to go more lateral now to escape. Instead of groin heat, it’s hitting your outer thighs more where there’s already a breeze. Still slight seat heat. Hopefully the foil helps a little more with that. This bike puts out a lot of heat.
What’s the temperature at the moment? I ride at 70’s and 80’s and don’t notice heat.

tracker seat, cat, V5 tune...

Blue1

Do the people complaining about this ride in freakin' shorts? I wear jeans, have been stuck in traffic and I don't even feel any excess heat.

If you can't stand the (next to nothing) heat, get out of the kitchen...maybe a Honda would work for you. Unbelievable.