Install Hyperpro Lowering kit

donlycan

I've ordered the Hyperpro lowering kit. Are there any specific tools or suggestions anyone has for the fork spring install? TIA

Max Kool

I’d at least expect you need a fork spring compressor. 👍🏻 (Or a buddy to compress the spring while you take the caps off the damping rod)

Last edited:

donlycan

I've installed the rear spring and received the necessary tools for the fork springs. I weigh 220 lbs. and ride somewhat aggressively. The stock Indian settings for pre-load no longer apply. Any thoughts?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You lowered the bike AND ride aggressively?

and just set up the sag per your weight like any other bike. There are a few vids on YouTube that are good guides. Just takes two people

donlycan

There is a setting label specific to the FTR affixed to the Hyperpro Manual. It says that the rear pre-load should be 2mm. I’m not clear on that. I’m 71 and yes, I still ride somewhat aggressively. lol

donlycan

Nope! lol The factory guide was in English, this means learning a new language. I’ll have to get a buddy who is familiar with suspension set-up. I just thought I should be setting the pre-load before reinstalling the rear shock.

kiwi dave

Preload on a linear spring only changes the seat height. Seems this is what you are trying to change, then wind out the preload until the desired height is obtained or the spring is about to become "loose".

Max Kool

At 220lbs you may actually need some preload to avoid bottoming out 😉 The manual should point in the right direction.