License plate relocation

D

Deleted member 706

First thing I did was to order a tail tidy, I'm getting mine off a Kiwi in NZ, he'll package it up and ship it on Monday.
I walked into the number (license to you) plate at the dealership before I even got on the bike and again at home in the garage, strike 2 and out!

D

Deleted member 677

Ha ha! Yes, me too! I ran my shin into the factory number plate so many times! Like a truck trailer hitch! It was gone fast!

I will remove the left side and have to wait as well. I am going for the Toce low mount, so I won't need an exhaust hanger either. But a shop project may still happen if they take too long!

J0988

First thing I did was to order a tail tidy, I'm getting mine off a Kiwi in NZ, he'll package it up and ship it on Monday.
I walked into the number (license to you) plate at the dealership before I even got on the bike and again at home in the garage, strike 2 and out!

Hah! I should’ve got one right away. I backed into my garage door! Put a dent in the door and broke the license plate light.

edgelett

I've got the first tail tidy Craig made outside of his own, really quality stuff and thankfully AU compliant ;)
easy as hell to fit too other than routing the wires.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I added some bolt plate lights from China to help keep that tail tidy a bit legal. Wired them just like the turn signals

D

Deleted member 677

I added some bolt plate lights from China to help keep that tail tidy a bit legal. Wired them just like the turn signals
I would have went with the kuryaykn kellerman signals like you have, had I not already wired up my OEM pigtails to my R&G signals I think they look a lot cleaner. I had them on my last bike. They are super bright and super small! Yours looks great!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ohh no. I mean the white license plate lights. And those signals don’t look bad at all.

D

Deleted member 677

Yeah, I knew what you were saying. Thanks, but I still prefer how yours look. Funny thing is I am not required to have them here in Texas but I do for safety. Cagers are crazy! Lol!

D

Deleted member 706

So now I've lowered the front guard, thanks Bret.
I've tidied the tail, thanks Craig.
Pirelli Scorpions on too
I took the side panel right off to get the wiring in easier and to save my arthritic hands. I don't do much work on my bikes nowadays because of that, and a lack of expertise. It is satisfying doing things yourself, it took awhile to remember that the two extra bolts were for the tank mounting...IMG_20201012_134820(1).jpgIMG_20201012_163536.jpg

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ouch you went the really hard way with that installation! you really just need to remove the upper two rear tank bolts and you can move the tank around to get the wires through

D

Deleted member 706

Ouch you went the really hard way with that installation! you really just need to remove the upper two rear tank bolts and you can move the tank around to get the wires through
With my arthritic hands I didn't want to get into some combat in confined spaces so I opened it up, more the long way than the hard way.
I have to say that the build quality seems pretty damn good.

D

Deleted member 706

If you want want something done right, do it yourself... Twice 🙄
After the shake down ride I dropped by my mechanic to show him the tail tidy. While we chatted I noticed this. IMG_20201013_193414.jpg
So when I got home I stripped it down to re-route the wiring. I dodged a bullet there the chain just touched the fabric around the wiring. The teardown gets easier with practice 😳
IMG_20201013_202657.jpg
Edit. all the lights are working well...

JDP

I bought one from Corbin and it fell apart, cheap plastic, they said mail it back and they will send me there new upgraded one and I never got it, I called 100 times and nothing, pissed me off so I got an aluminum street sign and made my own, I used thick poster paper for a test pattern then traced it onto the aluminum cut and folded it drilled holes for my turn signals and tag light, powder coat it and done

IndianRik

I have the prototype bracket made up and fitted on my bike. I’m looking to make a batch of these to sell. I made them so you can run the factory turn signals or aftermarket if you’d like. Also no license plate light mount. Plan on running the hardware that has the LED inside. Would anyone be interested in buying these? Made in the USA by me
Looks awesome!