License plate relocation

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Make something people are wanting and not many people are making state side.

skid plates, frame protection (sliders), chain guards, radiator guards and so on. The plate relocation brackets were the first thing to be made for the FTR, so there are already several well established names out there that will be hard to compete with.

Also the facebook ftr groups, are sadly, more active than the forums. Which sucks because facebook sucks.

Edit- i forgot you already mentioned you wanted to make some of those items

Skiddemon

Make something people are wanting and not many people are making state side.

skid plates, frame protection (sliders), chain guards, radiator guards and so on. The plate relocation brackets were the first thing to be made for the FTR, so there are already several well established names out there that will be hard to compete with.

Also the facebook ftr groups, are sadly, more active than the forums. Which sucks because facebook sucks.

Edit- i forgot you already mentioned you wanted to make some of those items
Yeah I’m not on Facebook cause it sucks. But that is my next plan to make a radiator guard And skid plate From aluminum and be cheaper than what is currently out there.

cupcake_mike

My point exactly dude. You’re the type of person that complains about people’s pricing, decides to make the part yourself, brags about not having to spend a dime, then shows off what you’ve created that actually looks like shit. That’s great do it yourself pat yourself on the back for saving $100 on your $13k bike. I joined this forum just to see what the aftermarket world looks like and seeing as there’s only like 5 active members. And one of them is you. Don’t think I’ll be spending much more time on here.

I didn't complain about anything, just pointed out how offbase you were. If you think what i created looks like shit, that's your opinion and i could care less. I'm not a fab shop with 300k worth of tools. I'm a hobbyist with a couple $1000 welders, a sub $1000 plasma cutter, a bench top lathe, mill, bandsaw and a drill press. More than enough for my needs. I've built 10 frames from scratch and modified about 3x as many. Back before my kid was born i had a nice little side business cranking out 3 sets of inline 4 exhausts a week, along with various other parts. I used to weld damn near everyday, now I'm lucky if it happens once a month due to other obligations.

So maybe its not up to AWS standards but my frames (scratch and modified) have covered at least 1 million miles combined without a single failure. If i was real worried about welding a particular part, I'd ask my nuke certified welder friends to handle it (i run a nuke plant for a living).

My bike was 9500, thank you, and i will build/modify what i can because i like to (and can usually do it to suit my needs better) not to just save a buck.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yeah I’m not on Facebook cause it sucks. But that is my next plan to make a radiator guard And skid plate From aluminum and be cheaper than what is currently out there.
Im in for the radiator guard, currently R&G and a company in Australia are the only two making them and the R&G isnt that nice

Ataman888

I second that and am in for radiator shield or skid plate. If no one will come out with one in the next two months state side I end up making my own out of scrap It will look like crap but will prevent radiator dings.

Hvnter

Hey, just a question about the cable routing for the repositioned turn signals: did you remove the left side panel to reroute the cables?

Kind Regards

Skiddemon

Hey, just a question about the cable routing for the repositioned turn signals: did you remove the left side panel to reroute the cables?

Kind Regards
I took the seat off and took the two bolts off the gas tank by the tail light. Then lifted the gas tank up and fed the wires up into the tail section

Hvnter

Thank you!
So I do not have to dismount the left side panel and just fiddle it up underneath the tank

Charliemurphay

Skiddemon; I have yet to find and would be interested in some sort of skeletonized front sprocket guard that replaces the plastic cover so it shows off the sprocket/chain but doesn’t leave it completely exposed. Something very similar to this

Wondering how difficult/how much something like this would be to produce?

Skiddemon

Skiddemon; I have yet to find and would be interested in some sort of skeletonized front sprocket guard that replaces the plastic cover so it shows off the sprocket/chain but doesn’t leave it completely exposed. Something very similar to this

Wondering how difficult/how much something like this would be to produce?

literally had a plan to make something for this too. Plastic cover is boring. It wont be CNC cut but I have an idea of what to make. Fairly cheap too

D

Deleted member 677

I finally got my Toce Fender Eliminator installed! I love how much cleaner it makes the bike look! I am glad a good American made company, offers such a great product for the FTR! I'm getting closer to that point where I call it done..... but then purchase something else. Lol!20200919_163405.jpg

D

Deleted member 677

Thanks Brother! I appreciate it. I actually have it sold already, sorry. Thanks though.

D

Deleted member 677

Yeah, that used to be my little secret, but my Wife's caught on. I still say "almost finished!" just for good measure. Lol!