New FTR owner New Jersey, USA

Micasa1639

What’s up FTR community?!
I’m new here and I just bought a used 2019 FTR 1200s. The bike had 750 miles on it! It was a garage queen and was broken in by a gentleman.
The bike has an s&s slip on exhaust, Indian wind screen, frame sliders, tank protector, bar end mirrors, new upgraded battery and brand new Pirelli scorpion tires. The bike is cherry. I picked her up on Friday and have put 100 miles on it. So far it’s hard to stay off the bike.
I’m looking to do some more modifications, starting with a tail tidy, flush Mount blinkers, decat and tune by Ryan from Lloyd’s garage. I guess after that she’ll be complete. I think…Anything you guys could suggest? Anything I should be aware of or specific forum I should read into.
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• A6546145-E76E-4D87-A762-944A36E5B549.jpeg
    A6546145-E76E-4D87-A762-944A36E5B549.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 27
  • 2C449D8B-8A44-4551-A00A-992B14B5D467.jpeg
    2C449D8B-8A44-4551-A00A-992B14B5D467.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 27

FTR London

I’m new here and I just bought a used 2019 FTR 1200s. The bike had 750 miles on it! It was a garage queen and was broken in by a gentleman.
The bike has an s&s slip on exhaust, Indian wind screen, frame sliders, tank protector, bar end mirrors, new upgraded battery and brand new Pirelli scorpion tires. The bike is cherry. I picked her up on Friday and have put 100 miles on it. So far it’s hard to stay off the bike.
I’m looking to do some more modifications, starting with a tail tidy, flush Mount blinkers, decat and tune by Ryan from Lloyd’s garage. I guess after that she’ll be complete. I think…Anything you guys could suggest? Anything I should be aware of or specific forum I should read into.
Thanks for the help!
I have the S&S can on mine together with a cat delete and no dB reducer. It sounds like a howitzer on start up and a gatling gun on the overrun.

spmx43

Thanks for the help!
Question about the bar end mirrors, looks like you have weights on there also ?
Want a set of mirrors, but want to keep vibrations down with the weights.
Know where they are from or brand ?

Micasa1639

Question about the bar end mirrors, looks like you have weights on there also ?
Want a set of mirrors, but want to keep vibrations down with the weights.
Know where they are from or brand ?
The mirrors are crg and the bar ends are by rhino. They are not bar end weights. I do have a set or weighted bar ends that I would like to have milled to fit the mirrors for that extra weight. But I like the look of what I have. The rhino bar ends may be able to accept weights I’ll have to check.

Micasa1639

Got this tail Tidy from ebay, easy install
I like that tail tidy. I ended up going with the tucked version of the new rage cycles tail tidy with the integrated blinkers.
today I have the littleones by wunderkind front blinkers they are a direct replacement just much smaller. Once I install them I’ll post some pics.

D

Deleted member 706

I'm Jersey through and through... Although, once my kids are grown, we do have plans on getting out of here.
G'day from Downunder.
Are you a reader?
If you are have you read One for the money by Janet Evanovich? It's as funny as fuck with a bit of drama thrown in to mix it up. Trenton will never be the same after reading it.
Stephanie Plum is the main character, she loses her job and goes to work in her cousin Vinnie's bail bond office. She is in the running for an award as the worst bounty hunter.
I strongly suggest that you read One for the Money first, after that there are another 20+ that are all funny.

Micasa1639

G'day from Downunder.
Are you a reader?
If you are have you read One for the money by Janet Evanovich? It's as funny as fuck with a bit of drama thrown in to mix it up. Trenton will never be the same after reading it.
Stephanie Plum is the main character, she loses her job and goes to work in her cousin Vinnie's bail bond office. She is in the running for an award as the worst bounty hunter.
I strongly suggest that you read One for the Money first, after that there are another 20+ that are all funny.
I haven’t read it but I’ll be sure to now. Good looking out bro.

D

Deleted member 706

Don't forget 1 to start with and after that it doesn't really matter. I'll be interested to hear a locals take on it.

JetJock

I'm about to buy a demo 2019 Race Red with 190 miles on it. If I may ask, what did you pay? I'm looking at $15.2 out the door. I might be able to get a cool Indian jacket thrown in. There is just something about that Race Red that is drawing me in...rode it yesterday. Buttery smooth.

noksterism

I'm about to buy a demo 2019 Race Red with 190 miles on it. If I may ask, what did you pay? I'm looking at $15.2 out the door. I might be able to get a cool Indian jacket thrown in. There is just something about that Race Red that is drawing me in...rode it yesterday. Buttery smooth.
I got my '19 S (something like 2.5k miles on it) private sale for 12k at the end of last year. There was a similar one at a local dealer for 14k. Others pop up here and there on Craigslist for various sums.

Might be worth shopping around a bit if you're not in a rush.

Then again, your out the door price already includes taxes and you don't need additional shipping so maybe you're not too far off from what I ultimately paid.

Last edited:

Micasa1639

I paid 12,:100 out the door.