Ride command has water in it just some pictures

59Belair

I got in contact with the correct person this is the response I got.
The ride command is not available and currently we do not have a lead time as to when they will be. I will have you bring the bike in, I will get all the information I need to file the "good will warranty" claim. If they approve the goodwill warranty, you can take the bike until we get the new ride command. I will call you and get you scheduled as soon as I receive the new ride command screen.

Show quoted text

edgelett

Did you get one Tash?…I didn’t 🤔
yes I did, I got a letter about it in the mail from Indian then called my dealer and they gave me one when I dropped in next.
When did you buy yours? did you get the letter from Indian?

edgelett

If I was having dramas with mine I probably would but so far all good.
yeah the idea is to prevent dramas lol.

some dealers here in Aus are better than others. The one in SA has ALWAYS been independent so the change where they moved to independents didn't affect me but I know in NSW and QLD there's been some issues.

Breto

yes I did, I got a letter about it in the mail from Indian then called my dealer and they gave me one when I dropped in next.
When did you buy yours? did you get the letter from Indian?
Nah no letter. The Indian dealer I bought mine through doesn’t exist anymore. They got adsorbed by team moto.

edgelett

Nah no letter. The Indian dealer I bought mine through doesn’t exist anymore. They got adsorbed by team moto.
yeah my letter was from Indian not the dealer.
and yes I heard Team Moto suck

When did you get your FTR cause they DID make changes to the Ride Command due to this issue

59Belair

I'm not sure what you are talking about a ride command replacement or the free screen protector ?
If it was for the ride command what was the issue.

edgelett

again, apologies for the thread hijack but its related. when the Ride Command screens for early FTRs started to delaminate, Polaris provided a free screen protector (similar to what you'd put on a mobile phone) as part of a recall while they made some modifications to the Ride Command in production.

those of us with early build FTR's received a letter advising us to contact our dealer to get the screen protector.

later model FTRs, they changed the screen slightly and they don't seem to be suffering the delam issue that yours appears to have suffered.

in regards to replacing your ride command - Polaris are aware of there being problems with the early ones which is why they offered the screen protector in the first place. that would be why your dealer is trying to get a 'good will' replacement unit for you.

59Belair

Excellent information Thanks
Indian motorcycle customer service ( Trent ) told me there were no issues with the
Ride command, no recall, none were replaced for defects I did receive the screen savor.
I'm not saying he lied to me he is probably just telling me what is on his computer screen.

59Belair

Just an update
I took the FTR to the dealership in Charlotte NC they submitted a claim on the ride command. I had to sign a paper saying I would pay 280.00 for them to submit the claim, on the bright side the service manager Jackie said she is not going to make me pay for it.
Polaris denied the claim !
Now I'm having a one sided argument because nobody will respond to me !

59Belair

Hi Jack!!

I'm so sorry to hear that! :( Honest answer? Customers usually have a much better rate of getting things covered than dealerships, as sad as that sounds. When customers call customer service with a stink, Polaris listens... they have a much easier time denying claims from us. I would 100% reach out to customer service and have them work up the ladder for you! I would absolutely try my best to help but like I said there is a better chance they will listen to you complain than us. Give them a ring and say you're working with Charlotte. Again, so sorry that happened. We appreciate you and your brand loyalty so much!

Sincerely,

Amanda Bramble

Amanda Bramble

Marketing and Customer Relations Manager
Indian Motorcycle Charlotte | Indian Motorcycle St. Paul

We would love a great review!

651-228-7620
Facebook @IndianMotorcycleCharlotte, @stpaulindian
This is what I got so far.
Great Review 👍 for what ??

59Belair

I hope Polaris does the right thing if not I will slam them on every forum I can.
My friends that ride Harley's are chomping at the bit for anything negative about Indian.
My good friend rides a ugly ass HD pan america and is big into the forums. He will tell everyone and their ugly cousin 🤣

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I mean it is out of warranty. So how/why could you slam them? Especially since it’s a part literally no one can get right now. If you’re gauge cluster goes out on your car… (a common issue with rams) and it’s out of warranty, you don’t get a free one.

FYI, three years later mine also started.

but Jackie is nice. She used to work at my dealership before moving to NC

Attachments

• 29B3BE95-E0FB-41B4-970B-9B83495B17A0.jpeg
    29B3BE95-E0FB-41B4-970B-9B83495B17A0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17