Ride command update.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Apparently this was released in March 2019. My bike was delivered in May 2019 and it still had
The old Software. Takes about 1 minute to do. Some minor visual changes. But boot up time and responsiveness seems to be improved.

Just search for the ftr update

Last edited:

Fuse5

Is it possible to save the old file anyhow?
Touched the file on the dash an this appears..
IMG_5044.JPG
IMG_5045.JPG
Do somebody know more about?

Charliemurphay

You need to create an account to download the new update I believe. The menu on the bike is the engineering sub Menu for the ride command system. You do not need that for the update.

fugz

damn just read the thread on the other forum.

It's a shame emantec has quit.

Unfortunately i understood everything he said. I'm a code monkey too.

Charliemurphay

Unfortunately, or fortunately? Is there a chance you could continue his work? I was following that thread intently, but understand his reasons for stopping.

fugz

I'm probably not of the same calibre. But I understand what he is talking about. I do embedded s/w.

But if there is something working i could probably expand on it. But if he thinks it's going to be a lot of work, he's most likely right.

Charliemurphay

Dang. If I knew anything about it I’d love to give it a shot but I like tinkering. As it is I know just enough to brick my unit probably lol.

What about that sweet warning light sweep after the update? Think there’s a way to make it do that every start?

Fuse5

You need to create an account to download the new update I believe.

Its not necessary to create an account, download, put on usb and update.

As i read at the other forum there are error codes coming up.. got 3
ABS Lamp (disappear at 6mi - 10km/h or so) and Drive mode selector ..gone..
Since update P1566: Battery Potential ..wonder? never there before :D (pls. dont tell me put the tender on ;))

(btw. the update changed trip counter´s far ahead , maybe has something to do with conversion mi/km or just a bug, zero..done)

Last edited:

Max Kool

I’m betting most of these errors actually came with the upgrade image as messages in /var/log somewhere and are old. After the second reboot they were gone, and I haven’t ridden it yet.

The only one left is the ABS message which I bet will disappear as soon as you get over 6mph or something.

mark.lb

Would I know if I have the update? (I just had the bike in for service on June 19.) I rarely play with the Ride Command system. I have it set the way I like it and have not touched it in months.