The FTR IS NOT a super naked.

SURLY

That cold stall was the bike not you bet money on it the PV3 fix is easy if pricey and Max cool has very helpfully put a how to video on the site FTR is a over square engine (short stroke) and will not like being lugged spin it up.

EllenGtrGrl

That cold stall was the bike not you bet money on it the PV3 fix is easy if pricey and Max cool has very helpfully put a how to video on the site FTR is a over square engine (short stroke) and will not like being lugged spin it up.

VERY true. I gave things a bit more revs off the line, and - problem solved! Now if only the weather would cooperate It's supposed to be in the 60s today (yeah, March weather can be kind of weird in Wisconsin), but it would be wise to not ride until I get my insurance switched over tomorrow (by which time it will be COLD again :( )

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
if you just bought it, see if your dealer did the new reflash that came out last week, it should help with the cold stall.

EllenGtrGrl

if you just bought it, see if your dealer did the new reflash that came out last week, it should help with the cold stall.

Hmmm, I didn't know that. I'll bring that up on Tuesday with the saleswoman who sold me the bike. She said she'd call me on Tuesday (the dealership is closed on Mondays) to do some follow-up.

Sullaha

Hmmmm, the engineer in my finds it VERY intriguing. I went to the DynoJet website, and saw the listing for Indian. Must think about this...........(muttering to herself, because she just spent a big chunk of change for a new FTR 1200, and doesn't want to void the warranty).

Ellen
I'm a bit late to the convo but as an engineer you'll find a PV3 a very powerful tool, most folk here have used it exclusively to load new ECU maps in as has been discussed ad infinitum. Very few have delved into the inner workings of the stock map. The PV3 allows you to review and change any of the parameters in the stock map (or any other unlocked map) including the maximum speed limit just change tyres if you plan to exceed that one regularly.
It can also log your rides for short times which I find invaluable when looking to solve issues or just to review data if you've been too busy watching where you're going.
My point is this is a powerful tool as well being necessary to load new maps.