Weird Electrical Issue

MacBayne

Mine does too. I fitted the new Tank Machine rear indicators and they glow once the ignition is turned of. I have timed it and it last about 2:10 min. Any one know why??

Could you post the instructions that you followed?

I am curious...

MacBayne

It didn't come with instructions
Could you please explain how and where your indicators were installed. electrically? I mean, did you splice wires or jump connections?
I am willing to bet that this is two different issues.

Indicator misbehaves on a completely stock system, running for minutes? OEM system flaw- most likely ECU.
Issue shows up with aftermarket parts? Aftermarket flaw, or aftermarket system creates ECU flaw...

Osclie

Could you please explain how and where your indicators were installed. electrically? I mean, did you splice wires or jump connections?
I am willing to bet that this is two different issues.

Indicator misbehaves on a completely stock system, running for minutes? OEM system flaw- most likely ECU.
Issue shows up with aftermarket parts? Aftermarket flaw, or aftermarket system creates ECU flaw...
I also had spare indicator wire with the connectors as I wanted to use the original connectors. I connected the new indicators. No cutting wires/no soldering. I have ordered some resistors and at the weekend I will wire them up. I will take a photo and post it here of the wiring.

modrummer

I also had spare indicator wire with the connectors as I wanted to use the original connectors. I connected the new indicators. No cutting wires/no soldering. I have ordered some resistors and at the weekend I will wire them up. I will take a photo and post it here of the wiring.
I had the same issue with some aftermarket LED turn signals. Wired an inline resistor to each and they work perfectly now. I can check what OHM resistor I used when I get home if you want.