Where did you ride your FTR today?

Max Kool

Yeah, I only use PCH to get to and from the canyons. I avoid the Malibu section. It’s either Topanga or Las Flores, and going home I always end on Tuna Canyon.

The scenic route to Neptunes is Yerba Buena 👍🏻😁

EllenGtrGrl

Where did I ride my FTR1200? Sadly, nowhere. It's been too cold (it's 37F [3C] at the present time), and not only that, but my Cluster Headaches have been going on for the past 4 weeks. It's bad enough dealing with a Cluster Headache attack (which can happen out of the blue at any time) while driving a car, much less while riding a motorcycle - especially since they're literally the most painful headaches you can experience (much more painful than migraines). A severe Cluster Headache attack, just about stops you dead in your tracks, because the pain becomes your whole world. Nope, no riding for me until the headaches go away. The headaches seem to be finally tapering off, but I'm still getting low grade Cluster Headaches (I'm having one at the present time), that I just deal with (taking zolmitriptan too often to stop the headaches, gives me rebound headaches that define the word painful [as I was reminded a week and a half ago, when I took zolmitriptan to stop a Cluster Headache attack, and wound up feeling like a grenade went off in my skull [it made me scream]). So, I'm going to wait a bit longer before 'Ol Betsy gets fired up for the first time this riding season.

EllenGtrGrl

EllenGtrGrl -I will keep you in my prayers...

I've been having Cluster Headaches for 21 1/2 years. I'm under the care of a Neurologist for them. Luckily, mine are of the Episodic type (I get them for a period of time, and they they go away - my previous episode of Cluster Headaches was back in Autumn 2018), and not the Chronic type (where you get them with not more than a week or two break between bouts of headaches - other words, you get them all of the time). They don't last as long as migraines (the duration is 15 minutes to 3 hours), but you can get the headaches multiple times a day (I've had days, where I've had 4 Cluster Headache attacks), and like an alarm clock, they WILL wake you up from a sound sleep (for me, typically an hour after I go to bed).

Cluster Headaches are rather rare - no more than .01% of the population gets them, so the meds to deal with them are kind of thin on the ground - especially since they are one of the few types of headache are brain based/caused (the theory that has stuck around the most [backed by PET scans, and MRIs taken during Cluster Headache attacks] is that there is a defect in the Hypothalamus [deep in the brain] that triggers the headaches). As a result, hardly any meds used for dealing with migraines work for Cluster Headaches.

Luckily, as I mentioned earlier, my Cluster Headaches seem to be tapering off bit by bit. Hopefully, the cold snap we're having until Thursday (high temps in the 30s Fahrenheit, with a chance of snow showers), doesn't aggravate my headaches - major temperature swings sometimes do that.

Last edited:
Tonight was family ride night. After the ride it started to sprinkle so we pulled the bikes into the garage and cooked steaks on the grill! Jameson’s Scout features Stage 1 intake and exhaust installed this morning. View attachment 3110View attachment 3111View attachment 3112
What is that Yamaha? A Tracer 900? I almost got an MT-09 or MT-10, really an MT-10 instead of the FTR. It would have been about the same, maybe even slightly cheaper. But I test rode an FTR Rally... I caught the bug lol. Now that I've got almost 5K miles on it, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Best bike I've ever owned, and I've owned a decent amount in my short time on this earth. With that said, really only 1 other bike I've RIDDEN that I thought was as much fun per mile, my Father's 09 Kawaski ZX-14R, god it was great.

With that said; I've been riding a LOT since getting my new tires put on Friday. It's like a totally different bike; suddenly I feel like I have at least SOME grip everywhere. Instead of my increasingly sketch stock rear lol; I had worn the middle down extremely flat. And since I was waiting on tires; I'd worn it even past what I would consider safe ha. But, with the new tires on it's like a new bike all over again.

Attachments

• Tire2.jpg
    Tire2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 16
  • Tire4.jpg
    Tire4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
Last edited: