Why couldn't Indian do this for the 1200s?

mtntamer

2022-indian-chief-dark-horse-31.jpg
Why couldn't Indian do this for the 1200s?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
if i had to guess. it will eventually. I would have rather had this than the current touch screen, even if it didnt have gps.

kiwi dave

I have something like this on my Moto Guzzi V85TT, installed as a costly extra. It doesn't show any map, just an arrow indicating the next two turns,and a countdown showing how far away these turns are. Works a treat, who needs a map?

1612989747941.png

Last edited:

MilwDave

While Indian touted the display screen on the FTR as high tech, in reality it is anything but.
The constant glitches and the lack of any real functions make it a fail IMHO.

MilwDave

oh ok, I find it rather functional, but I guess it all depends on expectation.
Other than a pretty screen that flips from a dial to a sweeping speedometer it doesn’t do much that the std analog speedometer doesn’t do.
What’s really aggravating is the blank screens , the speedometer input going out and the terrible Bluetooth integration. Other than that, it sure is pretty to look at when it works.

kiwi dave

I used a 5v - 12V converter to power a Adapiv TPX radar detector while waiting on a new harness. It was able to supply just enough current to power the detector.

Wayne

I don't blame Indian too much for the display, they are made by a third party as is the case for all bikes and cars. My wife's $110k Range Rover has three displays and it can have glitches and regularly needs firmware upgrades. My Toyota Tacoma has display issues on occasion, there is something to be said for analog gauges.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Other than a pretty screen that flips from a dial to a sweeping speedometer it doesn’t do much that the std analog speedometer doesn’t do.
What’s really aggravating is the blank screens , the speedometer input going out and the terrible Bluetooth integration. Other than that, it sure is pretty to look at when it works.
Did you update your display? Mine hasn’t had issues

Max Kool

I don't blame Indian too much for the display, they are made by a third party as is the case for all bikes and cars. My wife's $110k Range Rover has three displays and it can have glitches and regularly needs firmware upgrades. My Toyota Tacoma has display issues on occasion, there is something to be said for analog gauges.
If I am informed correctly, Polaris owns Trail Tech, and odds are that’s where our dash is made (would be odd if they didn’t).

and even if it was outsourced (as many parts), it’s still Indian’s choice...

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Yea....I’m not. But maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll release an interface update that looks similar to this on our displays. Probably not....but maybe.
That sounds more likely than a retrofit but wouldn’t count on it either. Wondering if the computer would have to be changed and all that if they did decide to retrofit. Which would likely make it real expensive.