17" wheels!

TenRacing

sounds like our initial order should be ready mid-march, although with the continued covid crap I am a little pessimistic. :-/

Viking06

sounds like our initial order should be ready mid-march, although with the continued covid crap I am a little pessimistic. :-/
So do I.
I've asked Lumir and he replied they are on a lockdown and my wheels are at the paintshop and he couldn't get there .

I've read some horrific stuff about Titax delivery on the net and now I'm anxious and wonder if I will ever receive my wheels !!!!!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
When this whole thing started and i was researching titex, i found several threads on the ducati and kawi forums from years ago, where they waited months for orders. Looks like they are just using Covid lockdowns as a new excuse, even though their delays are nothing new.

Although in the end everyone eventually got their wheels, and were happy with the,

edgelett

righto...
I haven't ordered these cause i was waiting for the funds for them
Now I have the funds and am hearing no one has them yet 9 months later.

I think i'll wait till I know they're actually being produced and someone has put them on their bike

mark.lb

I know you want 17” wheels but as an outsider looking in it is Highly Suspicious. Seems like you are chasing smoke!

GQM

Last update from Ten Racing is that these are to ship the end of April. Titax did respond to him and said they were shutdown. Perhaps it was a decision made by the owner of Titax and something not enforced by Czech?

GQM

Titax promises a lot.. that's all.I ordered my rims at corona times.. they said .. 3 weeks waiting time.. it will wait this week 7 weeks.. this is titax.. men from hollywood
I get it. I can tell you as a business owner who manufactures rifles, mostly out of aluminum, this Rona bullshit has put a tremendous hurting on raw material availability and manufacturing. Lead times are ridiculous and no one gives accurate ETAs. I would give Titax the benefit of the doubt that they want to fulfill orders just as badly as everyone else. It's a tough position to be in but I can emphasize because I've been dealing with the same issues.

Viking06

I began talking about reimbursement with Lumir and .....the wheels will be sent in 2 weeks !!!
Do you believe it ? Me neither

mark.lb

I have been following this thread for a while now.
I keep asking myself - Why would anyone choose to do business with TITAX? I could have chiseled a set of 17” wheels out of a piece of billet aluminum by hand by now. This has to be one of the most unreliable vendors in the history of motorcycling.....

mark.lb

I get it...However the first post was July 15, 2020. How long is too long? (as far as I know everyone is still waiting)

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
yes that's right. I paid 1900 EURO... Dubperformance in France wants 4000 EURO for their rims .. and there are no more dealers for 17 inch wheels at the moment.
You can buy bst carbon 17in wheels. But they are close to $5k USD

GQM

Regardless of the wait, I am still excited to receive mine. Raw aluminum has been on shortage all through this scamdemic.

Fuse5

Mr. Dr. Jessen..
Got your rims here with new shoes on. Season starts ..if you have to wait longer ..u got that option ;)