2022 Radiator shrouds

Greg

Yeah, I’ve called 2 dealers now and given them the numbers over a month ago with no luck. They just don’t call back. Useless over here!!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You can also buy the aero kit

Attachments

• 95D71C00-2513-4860-9ACE-95F54D717242.png
    95D71C00-2513-4860-9ACE-95F54D717242.png
    778 KB · Views: 23

wallycycle

Unless you are regularly going 150 mph plus on a closed circuit - I don’t get it.
Strictly a design statement, not rooted in reality. Lots of bike manufacturers do that. Indian with their FTR 1200 included. 19"/18" wheels shod with FT tires and extra wide bars. Sells bikes. We both bought one but they'll never see a dirt flat track.

FTR London

radiator shrouds and winglets aren't the same.
The ducati looks ridiculous.
Remember when Lorenzo first tested them on the GP17? Looked like a Sopwith Camel. A few years later, albeit less obtrusive, manufacturers started adding Moto GP winglets to road bikes. They don't only look ridiculous, but the suggestion that this level of aero is necessary for a road rider is farcical.

wallycycle

Ducati also claim that the winglets direct some engine heat away from the rider. Maybe, maybe not. Who am I to say.

The aftermarket has responded to owners that don't like them with block-off plates.

Sorry, back to the topic at hand. We run OEM Akros, cat-delete link pipes and reflective material under the seats. Heat I find only bothersome now stationary with high outside temps. I won't be installing the new and improved radiator shrouds. Don't like the way they look.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
In traffic when the fan kicks on is when you notice it the most.

which has to do with the inner section of them. Which they coulda added without changing the appearance.

Staedtler

The aero kit contains more than just the shrouds. It contains a new radiator hose, heat deflector, louvres and deflector guard.
I suspect at the very least you will need to add the 'Louvers' 5457775 & 5457776' and maybe the moutning screws too (item 21)
1671104013891.png1671103948580.png

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Radiator hose isn’t needed., no idea why they re designed it. The heat deflector is just a rubber flap that sits on top of the front cylinder.

Since this kit wasn’t available. Ordering individually was your only way to get them. Currently the kit is a better deal.

donlycan

Thanks ALL!
I ordered the '22 parts separately. Pricing was slightly less than the Aero Kit with current discount. Since the flap and hose aren't that important, I'm satisfied.