Bike Needed for NEW Cox Racing Oil and Radiator Guards Development and Fitting

BIPLR

Cox Racing, run by Andrew Cox, is developing newly designed radiator and oil cooler guards for the FTR. I think that we can agree that the R&G pieces could be improved upon. He needs a bike to test fit the pieces he is building. I am sure that you would end up with a free set if you would allow him to use your bike. He is in Newberg, Oregon. His email is [email protected]. I have been trying to get him to develop these for 9 months and your help would be much appreciated. Please circulate if you may know someone. Thank you all very much.

K9F

I found the same with the R & G which were one of the only options at the time. By fitting some Land Rover door seal I had lying around on the upper and lower edges it became a perfect fit with the gap at both the top and bottom which was a flaw feature fully closed.

R&G3.jpg

The Cox one looks top quality and for those this Side of the Pond maybe shipping and duty would be prohibitively expensive especially when there are other options like Iron Optics Storm (German engineered) and of course R & G which provide a choice of stainless steel options or aluminium in black or natural. For Europe price would be key as is the material and choice of color perhaps?

LoudFTR

Thanks again for linking us up, Andrew is awesome. The radiator guard should be available on his website soon.

After trying a few different exhaust setups, I've found my sweet spot. Akrapovic titanium header with low mount cans minus the baffles. Sounds incredible (loud) and Fuel Moto has helped me dial in a decent tune.

Charliemurphay

Any ideas on a price point for the rad guard? It looks like a much better fit than the r&g I have. Would be interested in switching if the price isn’t terrible.

LoudFTR

Looks like he literally JUST added them to his website. No pictures yet, but I can vouch for the quality and upload more photos of the guard installed.
I'm a huge fan of the attention to detail. He orients the "grain" of the expanded aluminum so that thrown rocks off the front tire deflect.

Buhhhh; literally JUST got the R&G put on a couple days ago. I really like the look of this more. I seriously struggled to get the R&G to fit right. It took longer than it should have; as long as the bolts don't vibrate out it should stay lol. But now I wouldn't mind the aluminum rad guards I've seen on some bikes; just worried it'll be the only bright silver spot on the bike, stand out too much.