FTR sudden deads collection

Snakum

I too wanted to document the stalling issue three times and then undo the deal. At one point I seriously considered setting the GDMF on fire. Polaris CS is worse than HD imho. So I get it.

But I was already falling in love with the POS. $550 later I'm totally in love with my Mad Max.

Still pissed at worthless ass Polaris. And even more pissed at the beyond worthless Service Dept at Baker American Cycle.

All corporate CS are $hite nowadays. Gibson guitars was supposed to send me pickup rings 3 months ago. Still waiting. Remington firearms ... same crap. Warranties are damn near worthless nowadays.

So I'm back to buying used and out of warranty on everything since I'll wind up fixing it myself anyway. Eff em.

cheekykevUK

Just a point worth a mention, and please note, I'm not looking for an argument here, or trying to upset anyone, my bike as gone, I'm just trying let others know the truth about my bad experience so they don't think they're the only one having, or had problems.
I don't know how keen insurance company's are in the US, but I would imagine they are as keen as here in the UK, one of the questions your insurance company will ask you when you come to insure your bike, will be, has it been modified in any way ? now surely this must put you in a awkward spot, because by doing a tune/update which is not recognised by the manufacturer, and you don't notify them, surely this would indemnify your policy.
Plus how do you stand with Indian, or your dealer once you've done a Tune/update, does this not indemnify your warranty (for what it's worth)
So basically you're stuffed what ever you do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 429

Agreed...UK technical services have told me as much...

The bike looks like its going to a dealer now based on continuing to clarify the concern...

Until then the suns out and I'm riding it tonight and I do really want to keep it.. :)

Reactions: K9F

K9F

........So basically you're stuffed what ever you do.

Sorry Kev,

But whilst it clearly states in the ownership manual that just about anything you touch invalidates the warranty in the real World that is often not the case. Also with regards to indemnifying insurance only if you deceive! So you are partially right but in my experience where I live due to the understanding dealerships you are wrong?

I have absolutely no concerns regarding insurance as all my modifications are declared. There are companies out there that understand and insure against all modifications, the one I use don't even increase the policy premium for declaration of Stage 1. I have to get an agreed valuation on my other steed and that is a bit of a pain as it involves getting the dealership to stamp the forms each year.

With regards to warranty this entirely depends on the relationship you have with your dealership. Indeed many dealerships have their own dyno and offer tuning services themselves as does my local Indian and Harley-Davidson dealerships often warranting their own work if you have certain tuning modifications or an engine top end upgrade. Moore Speed Racing strip down new Indians out of the crate and extensively modify them, maybe not by Polaris but the bikes are still warranted for the standard term.

Motorcycle Dyno Bournemouth Poole – Bournemouth Motorcycles (bournemouth-motorcycles.co.uk)

Your insurance no matter who your with is only as good as when you have to make a claim. Many don't even realize when they go to a broker who their actual policy is underwritten by? I had an experience with a company called Markerstudy who many brokers peddle and they are very popular due to the fact they are the cheapest. Nevertheless their reviews below are worth reading and speak volumes. I willingly pay more to go to a reputable provider than take the cheapest any day.

Markerstudy Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.markerstudy.com (trustpilot.com)

Last edited:

richthib

I also had a stall/tip over while exiting my driveway turning onto the street. Couldn’t catch the clutch quick enough. I think my problem was related to not letting the FTR warm up to operating temp before starting out. No proble since when I let the bike warm up. 9,300 miles.

D

Deleted member 706

I also had a stall/tip over while exiting my driveway turning onto the street. Couldn’t catch the clutch quick enough. I think my problem was related to not letting the FTR warm up to operating temp before starting out. No proble since when I let the bike warm up. 9,300 miles.
Since I got into the practice of warming up while I get ready it's been running quite well.

Sam

Hi Team

Its possible I'm barking completely up the wrong tree with respect to this thread? Does this contribute to any of the stalling problems?

edgelett

if your bike hasn't had the recall done yet then possibly. but most 2019 bikes had that sorted by early 2020.
I guess there's still a chance.