limited speed

Unruly Rider

As Ferraiolo1 said my dealer also has a modified FTR RR sitting on the showroom floor right now. As you can see it has the stock catalytic converter removed and features a Bassani exhaust with a PV3 and tune sold with the bike. It also has some carbon fiber bits. I have heard this bike run. It is ridiculously loud. If you check the Bassani web site it clearly states “for race use only - this system is not emissions compliant.” I don’t know how this can be legal in the state of Pennsylvania. In PA all vehicle models manufactured with a catalytic converter can not be inspected if it is removed. It is possible the dealership will sell the bike with the stock Akrapovic system and CAT included. Come inspection time it could be swapped back to stock. I assume these exhaust modifications and tune also void the factory warrant. But I am not sure. I am very confused....To see this bike and price visit Pitt Cycles of Warrendale, PA on line and search new inventory.
:rolleyes: smh...

Unruly Rider

I'm sure your dealer will be thrilled that you ID'd him here.
Exactly! And people wonder why there are so many douche dealers around... with customers like this it's no surprise. I'm glad I'm down here in Oklahoma - where emissions standards / testing are laughed at and rarely followed or enforced.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
As Ferraiolo1 said my dealer also has a modified FTR RR sitting on the showroom floor right now. As you can see it has the stock catalytic converter removed and features a Bassani exhaust with a PV3 and tune sold with the bike. It also has some carbon fiber bits. I have heard this bike run. It is ridiculously loud. If you check the Bassani web site it clearly states “for race use only - this system is not emissions compliant.” I don’t know how this can be legal in the state of Pennsylvania. In PA all vehicle models manufactured with a catalytic converter can not be inspected if it is removed. It is possible the dealership will sell the bike with the stock Akrapovic system and CAT included. Come inspection time it could be swapped back to stock. I assume these exhaust modifications and tune also void the factory warrant. But I am not sure. I am very confused....To see this bike and price visit Pitt Cycles of Warrendale, PA on line and search new inventory.

Thats only for cars. In PA bikes are emission exempt, there are also no dB laws here. I have a street legal KTM two stroke, talk about pollution and noise lol

And the dealer is modding it with non indian parts, they are not claiming its an indian modded bike, thats where harley got into trouble.

My dealer also has two modded bikes, one with a high mount s&s and pv3, the other with the cat delete, low s&s and pv3. They pretty much said, they were getting tired of the bike stalling in front of customers, so they started adding tunes to them.

mark.lb

That makes much more sense to me now. There seems to be two issues here. 1) Government regulations on emissions and noise 2) Indian factory warranty rules.
You are correct about motorcycle exhaust regulations in PA.They are specified in section175.172. subchapter H of the motor vehicle inspection code. So it appears the bike at my dealer meets current Pennsylvania emission regulations and therefore can be sold as street legal and can be inspected with the after market exhaust modification and tune. However as K9F laid out, these modifications may run afoul of the Indian factory warranty.

By they way - the S&S high mount Grand National Exhaust System comes equipped with high flow catalytic converters built in. Their web site claims the system is 49 state compliant in USA.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
That is correct.

And they are the only full system thats 49 state compliant.

Smaller companies generally cant afford to jump through all the testing and regulations to make a 49 state compliant system, so they just stamp "for off road use only" onto the exhaust for liability reasons.

Unruly Rider

That makes much more sense to me now. There seems to be two issues here. 1) Government regulations on emissions and noise 2) Indian factory warranty rules.
You are correct about motorcycle exhaust regulations in PA.They are specified in section175.172. subchapter H of the motor vehicle inspection code. So it appears the bike at my dealer meets current Pennsylvania emission regulations and therefore can be sold as street legal and can be inspected with the after market exhaust modification and tune. However as K9F laid out, these modifications may run afoul of the Indian factory warranty.
:cautious: Sounds like a bureaucrat... 🤮