Loydz Bench Tune

FTR London

Heads up. The existing flash tune is being discontinued due to emergent problems and inconsistencies. The way forward and beyond is the V.6 - and purely a bench tune which was always the better option anyway.

edgelett

cheers for the info. I had a feeling this would be the case once they set up remote tuners outside the US

FTR London

cheers for the info. I had a feeling this would be the case once they set up remote tuners outside the US
That's precisely what appears to be the case. The flash is being discontinued and although the emergence of tuning services is the main reason, there have also been emergent problems with the PSV tunes.

I will need to either ride the 515 mile round trip to the UK (and European tuning centre), which is in a lovely part of the country - or alternatively, whip out the ECU and mail it down. They can turn it around in a day - if only our mail service was that rapid.

mark.lb

As many of you know - I was late to the “tuning party”. My FTR-RR ran reasonably well form the factory and I rode it 8,500 miles before Pitt Cycles became a Lloyd’z RTC. I have been impressed with the results. No twitchiness in sport mode and absolutely linear throttle response. Feels more powerful in the higher RPM range. I was so impressed I had my 2022 Chief Bobber DH Stage2 tuned as well. It made a huge difference on that machine. All the nasty is gone and it made the good better. The tune also unlocked a little hidden power/torque.
I was surprised to learn not every bike gets the exact same tune. Mike says as a RTC he calls Charlotte and speaks with one of two full time tuning technicians (Ryan or Brian - I think). He tells them how the bike is set up and what modifications if any have been made. Then they send him back the correct map for the specific bike being tuned. So it is best to have all your engine/performance modifications in place before you purchase the tune. Tuning is fairly expensive. In my case Pitt Cycles charged $656.98 to tune my Chief. The FTR was $723.00. In each case I waited a total of about two hours while the work was being done. I like to schedule service so I can ride in, wait and ride home and not leave the bike overnight. I hope this info is helpful.

FTR London

Anyone used Thor Motorcycles for V6 flash yet?
They are the licensed European tuner. Based near Bodmin. Jed is the contact, very knowledgeable and approachable. You can send your ECU down to them and they'll turn it around in a day or alternatively, tell them you're coming and ride over there. Nice part of the world.

Last edited:

fugz

Just been quoted £500 plus VAT. 600mile round trip for me.

So after that my PV3 is scrap!

fugz

So a very expensive OBD2 adaptor.

I assume with the right mating connector and cable to a standard OBD interface, a cheap OBD2 adaptor and Torque App. would do the same thing

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
No idea. For people now it’s not really an issue. But three years ago it was the only tuning tool/option.

Charliemurphay

So a very expensive OBD2 adaptor.

I assume with the right mating connector and cable to a standard OBD interface, a cheap OBD2 adaptor and Torque App. would do the same thing
Sure but if you already had the PV3, it isn’t completely useless post flash.

And it still could be used to flash other vehicles you may or may not have.

Max Kool

I’m not so sure about that. That would mean I could flash all my FTR friends’ bikes for nothing…