Max' FTRankenstein...

Max Kool

Long story short: I didn’t want to loose ride height, and figured a slightly pinched 190/55 would also steer easier, because it’s rounder. Ideally I would have used a 180/60, but they’re not popular anymore. A 190/55 is the closest thing to a 180/60.

Breto

Y
Long story short: I didn’t want to loose ride height, and figured a slightly pinched 190/55 would also steer easier, because it’s rounder. Ideally I would have used a 180/60, but they’re not popular anymore. A 190/55 is the closest thing to a 180/60.
Yep good point…so where exactly did you get the rear and can you get a front as well?…🤔

Max Kool

Any dealer or online. You can look up the part numbers online.

Fitment of the 17” front has to be confirmed yet, but the rear is a sure fit.

(and pls keep in mind you will loose cornering clearance with a 17” front)

Breto

Any dealer or online. You can look up the part numbers online.

Fitment of the 17” front has to be confirmed yet, but the rear is a sure fit.

(and pls keep in mind you will loose cornering clearance with a 17” front)
Yeah I was thinking about that. Especially with the TOCE…don’t feel like scraping out a piece of art like that really…its just track tyres like slicks are available in 17’s and not in standard FTR sizes…trying to find a set of wheels to go track with…🤔🇦🇺

Max Kool

Do you think the cornering issue you mentioned would resolve if you replaced the front wheel with the matched unit?
It not like my bike suddenly falls into turns, or steers heavily. Nope. It's stable in a straight line, falls nicely into turns without the need for counter steering or muscling it in. It just seems to lean more. More than before. And as my old front tire was worn in a V shape, I suddenly felt I was riding the outer edge of the V...

Breto

It not like my bike suddenly falls into turns, or steers heavily. Nope. It's stable in a straight line, falls nicely into turns without the need for counter steering or muscling it in. It just seems to lean more. More than before. And as my old front tire was worn in a V shape, I suddenly felt I was riding the outer edge of the V...
So your still running the 19 front at the moment Max?…🤔

R. Warshawsky

Makes sense to me. Will be interesting to see how "Frank" turns out...lol...best of luck.