MotoGP

edgelett

Just curious, did your Dad ever do any motorcycling in New Zealand before he moved to Australia?
yes he did a fair bit actually. Would tell me stories about riding around Taupo, and riding right through winter on ice roads & sleeping next to his bike to keep his head warm.
did a little bit of racing too.

FTR London

yes he did a fair bit actually. Would tell me stories about riding around Taupo, and riding right through winter on ice roads & sleeping next to his bike to keep his head warm.
did a little bit of racing too.
That's brilliant and those stories and anecdotes are to be cherished. He must have some incredible pictures of his rides. Such a beautiful, beautiful country.

Around the Taupo region, to be fair you could keep warm next to one of the fumaroles in the pavement.

edgelett

Testing for 2022is underway with riders out on their new bikes, testing various things from engines to aero kits and in the case of HRC a whole new bike.
Marc Marquez is still out of action but it is good to see Pol Espargaro back.
what was cool is Taka Nakagami is on top of the time sheets.

FTR London

these new really long exhausts look weird on the MotoGP bikes though - I wonder why the new design?
Increase torque I would think - to extract more power at lower rpm. Suzuki did something similar in the past. That's an entirely new engine on the Ducati. Pecco has not only topped the timesheets, but he's enthusing over it.