Need opinions of my headlight mod.

FTR London

What do you fellas think of my headlight mod? Fan? Not a fan? I'm torn to be honest. Would love some feedback
I really wouldn't let this forum be the judge. We have an acclaimed green and gold glittery - snakeskin? - themed paint job on here, that as beautifully executed as it is, people seem to think isn't in the slightest bit incongruous with a road going flat track racer.

What's important is whether you like the headlight and the direction you wish to head in. I agree with Charliemurphay, but go with your own instinct.

D

Deleted member 706

personal opinion is I really don't like it. ruins the bike.
But - it's your bike so if you like it who cares what I think lol
Yeah me too but...
I'd seriously reconsider if I rode that set up at night and liked it. My attitude would be that I'm sitting behind and I don't care.
I vividly remember the first time I saw a twin front headlight, I was traumatised 😳

Helge

It looks different....and I like different looks.
I´ve learnt in that forum that are lots of different mods / looks possible and that´s good.
Do what you like mate.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Since you’re asking us to judge. It looks horrible on that bike. This is something you do to an adv bike.

put she stock light back on and put a light pod under the lower triple clamp. Clean and simple.

mtberbob

got a picture from the side? how far out from the forks are the lights? I think a dual lightbar setup would look a little cleaner and tucked more in between the forks, the triple bar looks like a bit of overkill.

Murdock

three posts, five opinions ... ☺️ ... I guess you expected something like that.

It is not something that I would like on my FTR but it looks like a first step into a madmax kind of custom bike. If the rest of the customization follows ... why not?

DoingOK

I'm intrigued.......just not sure I like the way it looks with your bike. I love people expressing themselves....just do you.

Wayne

I'm not sure it fits the style of a flat track inspired bike. Its like ultra modern meets old school. I personaly would love to install and adaptive headhight if somebody made one for teh FTR. They make one for the Scout but I'm told it won't work on an FTR.