Pictures of your previous motorcycles...

K9F

Looking at this you have to wonder how were Harley stupid enough to kill Buell never met a Buell rider who did not rave about his bike :(

Hi Surly, every week I go to a couple of local bike meets one of which is held at the old Saxon Entrance of Southampton called Bargates. It is very well attended.

Southampton.jpg

At this meet often are a couple of Buells. The one depicted is in absolute pristine condition with very low mileage. Now if this ever came up for sale I would be prepared to sell a kidney.

Buell.jpg

Another not quite so appealing at the same meet.

Buell1.jpg

Murdock

The Cherry Bomb was the most beautyfull Buell ever :love:. I changed only the standard parts like blinkers, mirrors, handlebar and of course the ugly standard tail. The only technical change was a switch to keep the exhaust throttle always open. I loved that thing and would have bought the same again if it had some modern features like ABS and TC.

This was my 2008 XB12s

IMG_0326.jpeg

photo-303-ae32b96b.jpg

nathanw

Current lineup, 09' Dyna Street Bob, 16' R9T Racer, 18" Road Glide Special, FRT, plus a 77' XLCR that is in boxes waiting for a full restoration and a 2000 TLS that's stripped to the frame for a TLR engine swap and being converted in to a street fighter.

The Dyna is my pride and joy, I've stripped it to the frame and rebuilt multiple times, and rebuilt the engine twice, currently a heavily breathed upon 117". Not much left stock other than the gas tank and frame. Considering building a 180ish HP 135" for it.

Don't really have pics of past bikes, I never really takes pics of my bikes. 79' XS650, 87' K100RS, 97' YZF1000, 99' TLS, 05' ZX10R and a bunch of dirtbikes.

Attachments

• IMG_4823.jpg
    IMG_4823.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 12

nathanw

I had many, and actually liked them all (I guess I just like bikes 🤷‍♂️). I started on a Honda CB1-400, then had CBR6's, VFR, Africa Twins, R1100GS, CB750, a few DR650's, BMW G650 XChallenge. But there's one bike that'll always have a special place in my heart:

View attachment 439

Remember back then Aprilia didn't make any Tuonos or RSV's, it was a still a small, unknown brand to most, basically only known for MotoGP 125 and 250 bikes, and moppeds. To celebrate their successes they -significantly- modified an Suzuki RG250 engine and gave it their own ECU a super sexy bike around it. What a party!!! Highly unpractical, absolutely no power up onto 9000 rpm or something, coming full on song at 9001rpm to die off 1500 rpm later. :cool:

Mine never got old unfortunately. It nearly killed me after 3 weeks / 1000kms in some barbed wired fence. Yet, I still want one, knowing these are darn hard to ride fast outside of a track...

I always liked those, but couldn't fit my 6'7'' frame on them. Used to see them a bunch back in the mid to late 90's in SoCal at the Crest and the Rock Store; I always drooled over them. Currently there's one for sale on raresportbikes, but it's the later model w/ less attractive bodywork.

SURLY

Hi Surly, every week I go to a couple of local bike meets one of which is held at the old Saxon Entrance of Southampton called Bargates. It is very well attended.

View attachment 444

At this meet often are a couple of Buells. The one depicted is in absolute pristine condition with very low mileage. Now if this ever came up for sale I would be prepared to sell a kidney.

View attachment 445

Another not quite so appealing at the same meet.

View attachment 446
As stated how stupid were Harley for killing these bikes just as stupid as Polaris killing Victory:cry:

Max Kool

I always liked those, but couldn't fit my 6'7'' frame on them. Used to see them a bunch back in the mid to late 90's in SoCal at the Crest and the Rock Store; I always drooled over them. Currently there's one for sale on raresportbikes, but it's the later model w/ less attractive bodywork.
That bike is for sale right where I live (Marina Del Rey, Iconic Motorbikes), but tbh, I think my Vitpilen 701 is a very similar bike to ride but has loads of midrange torque instead.

Sullaha

I could be here all day on this one, here's a selection, the first two I still own. The bike with no paint is my SR300, I've had every single component of this bike on the workbench many of which have been modified or replaced with different items, keen eyes will spot the non stock and not fully assembled parts (the FTR turning up dramatically slowed the pace of that upgrade ;) ) The DL650 on the beach is my current pack horse, gravel skidder, bush bike, and the snowy bike is the old BMW F650 that performed the same role until I sold for the deposit on the FTR...

Attachments

• 20190707_153620.jpg
    20190707_153620.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200114_171721.jpg
    20200114_171721.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20151116_043715-1.jpg
    20151116_043715-1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

S2Davies

Only have a few pics of a couple. Last Harley was a 2014 CVO roadking and of course the bobberView attachment 412View attachment 413
You chaps are making me feel quite inadequate! Not only fantastic bikes but check out the scenery, you are very lucky. I've now learned that I should take more pictures. I'm going to go through all my old jpgs now and see what I've got...……..

Here you go, just an old matchless that I've still got, also got a Triumph 1200 Daytona, both of which I've owned for more than 20 years! The picture of me on the Matchless is on the Isle of Man, I think I set a new "longest" lap record!Matchless low res (1 of 2).jpgMatchless low res (2 of 2).jpg

Last edited:

S2Davies

Starting this thread for those that would like to share what they road before the FTR 1200 S. Post up some pictures and lets get this topic going!

2014 Sportser Iron 883cc
View attachment 400
View attachment 401
View attachment 402

2015 Dyna StreetBob 103ci
View attachment 404
View attachment 405

2016 Dyna Low Rider S 117ci
View attachment 406
View attachment 407

2006 Dyna SuperGlide 88ci (hooligan bike)
View attachment 409

2016 Dyna StreetBob 124ci
View attachment 410
View attachment 411

As you can probably tell from these pictures, I can't leave anything alone or stock...

K9F

Not mine but it did kickstart my desire in motorcycling in a big way. In 1975 my German cousin bought one of the first four cylinder Honda Goldwings the GL1000. Managed to bag a pillion ride. Even to this day we still joke about what he has to answer for.

Goldwing1.jpgGoldwing2.jpg

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yep, some of the bikes were neat, but the name just didnt work.

Other than their full touring baggers, god those huge things were hideous.

K9F

It is indeed! Much better looking with the solo seat/cowl combo! Just doesn't look right with the dual seat. Mind you could get at least three on that seat the length of it.

It is indeed! Much better looking with the solo seat/cowl combo! Just doesn't look right with the dual seat. Mind you could get at least three on that seat the length of it.
It didnt look quite so odd from some angles, that picture is probably the worst, the bench seat was good for long trips so I could mount my Keiga tail pack.
I am just making some adjustments to the underseat of the tracker cowel on my FTR so I can mount the Kreiga on it as well.

Reactions: K9F