TOCE low mount full system

Max Kool

I’m sure it’s possible. You need to sand the shot peen off and work towards the finest grit. After that polish.

It won’t stay silver colored though.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I had my stock ones pretty shiny after subbing a long time with scotch brite then polishing.
But to get a mirror finish. You will need a power tool

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
took a while, but even managed to scrape the toce over the weekend, i didnt feel it, just noticed while cleaning

edgelett

Been a long time waiting (due to me needing to save a bit and get my tax return) but it's finally here!
I got the DB killer with it, because the plod here can be an issue. (that's the police for the Americans haha)

No instructions came with it, and my other half is wary of installing without instructions so I've flicked Toce an email, but otherwise we'll see how we go.
Question - do you re-use any existing gaskets or do you need any new ones?
Can't wait to hear it roar!

1599471126632.png
1599471135571.png

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It’s fairly idiot proof. You really use the front gasket. That’s the only one on the ftr. Everything else is slip joints.
Use a rubber hammer to help persuade the fitment. The rear header you hammer it on till it is even with the front header

edgelett

Thanks - Tony is a welder and blacksmith but a mechanic he is not and he was just worried about screwing it up haha.
We'll get to it this weekend.

mark.lb

Very nice.... Just curious - has anyone running the Toce system measured the ground clearance compared to stock? (I think I recall ferraiolo1 noticing some scrapes but doesn’t remember dragging the pipes.)

edgelett

Just went out for my first ride with the Toce - nearly threw myself off the bike cause it's so much lighter haha!
it makes a hell of a lot of decel pops - but sounds mean as hell.
I said to Tony 'The stock exhaust makes it purr. this exhaust makes it growl ;) '

Last edited:

mark.lb

Congrats - What a difference. I like the growl it makes without being unbearably loud. It might be over the top with the dB killer removed.

I hang out a lot at Tiki Bar in my neck of the woods. About 95% of the bikes there are Harleys. Many of those guys and gals run open pipes. I don’t know how they can stand to ride the silly things and tolerate all the noise.

I pulled the dB killers from my stock Akrapovic system with Cat ( I still like the look of the Akrapovic ) and it gave it just enough growl to let you know the bike is angry but not so loud it bothers me on a two hour ride.

Charliemurphay

Congrats - What a difference. I like the growl it makes without being unbearably loud. It might be over the top with the dB killer removed.

I hang out a lot at Tiki Bar in my neck of the woods. About 95% of the bikes there are Harleys. Many of those guys and gals run open pipes. I don’t know how they can stand to ride the silly things and tolerate all the noise.

I pulled the dB killers from my stock Akrapovic system with Cat ( I still like the look of the Akrapovic ) and it gave it just enough growl to let you know the bike is angry but not so loud it bothers me on a two hour ride.
That’s how I feel about my S&S slip on (with cat). DB killer removed nice and rumbly/growly without being obnoxious. The Toce sounds nice with the DB killer in but it’d probably still be too loud for my tastes likely. It looks so good though

Helge

Very nice sound (y) (y)
Reminds me a bit on the MotoGP sound :cool:
Enjoy and hope you can use permanent without ear plugs ;)
In Germany we have unfortunately very strong noise regulations for exhausts....so the TOCE is unthinkable :(
At time there are much police controls in this regard.
Last weekend I drove to Nürburgring and had 3 (!) police controls with only interest tomy exhaust.

Massimo

Very nice sound (y) (y)
Reminds me a bit on the MotoGP sound :cool:
Enjoy and hope you can use permanent without ear plugs ;)
In Germany we have unfortunately very strong noise regulations for exhausts....so the TOCE is unthinkable :(
At time there are much police controls in this regard.
Last weekend I drove to Nürburgring and had 3 (!) police controls with only interest tomy exhaust.
How much DB can you make in Germany for the moment ?

K9F

Same as in Switzerland.......Not enough!!! Usually regardless of what exhaust what may be stamped on the vehicle identification plate. 96Db @3500 rpm on my other bike!