What would you get?

Just curious. If the FTR didn’t exist what would you have bought? And why? I probably would’ve bought a Yamaha XSR900. Love the way they look. Reasonably priced and fast. At the time the Triumph trident wasn’t out yet. Now I would consider that. I bought the FTR because they gave me more for my trade-in than I paid for it and with the rebates and they gave me $1000 worth of free merch. And the test ride was so fun. No one offered me even close to the trade in value that they had given me. To me it didn’t have to be an American made motorcycle and it didn’t have to be a V twin those don’t really matter much to me.

bbuettner

Triumph Speed Twin

I traded in a Kawasaki Z900RS (see avatar) and was looking for something with more character and not an inline 4.

Fuse5

Just curious. If the FTR didn’t exist what would you have bought?
Curious and a good question. ..it was 2019..
Would keep a HD Sportster (never got problems at all after a tune over 10 years) ..there was a a African Twin and a R Nine T too ..different story.
Got a FTR in 19 and want it ! .. after all over this 2 years ? It will be fine now.. spend time and money and still happy with.
A result after that start? Difficult to say or type down.. (Indian promises/guarantees over here are different and not really valuable imho)

At the end.. Still happy with ! ( Thanx to all the Guys/Girls that got the nail..)

Fuse5

@Max.. u are a lucky one. Never saw one and as i know there is only one licenced in EU (maybe more as collector items).
You would spend it for sure.. would be there more than enough ;)

edgelett

Before the FTR I looked at the Triumph Bobber and the Scout - was considering something different to my Hornet and liked the way they looked.
But they didn't move me enough to actually go to a dealer to look at them.
The FTR is the first bike in 15 years that did that.
So if it didn't exist I probably would still only have 1 bike.

kiwi dave

Covid-19 made me buy my FTR.

We had just come out of lockdown (1st one, 2nd one is still happening for Auckland), and my intention was to buy a Buell XB12. I visited the local dealer that was selling one, it was rough and battered and too expensive. But my eye saw a promotion for the FTR, which included a $3,000 discount.

One test ride and I was hooked. Look Ma, it followed me home!

pushit

cb1000r, still want one tbh. I was also going back and forth from scout to ftr.
I'm not "old" enough yet for the cruiser life I suppose

Attachments

• honda-cb1000r-2019-black-sport-bike-tuning-cb1000r-new-black-cb1000r.jpg
    honda-cb1000r-2019-black-sport-bike-tuning-cb1000r-new-black-cb1000r.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7

edgelett

cb1000r, still want one tbh. I was also going back and forth from scout to ftr.
I'm not "old" enough yet for the cruiser life I suppose
Nice - that's the new version big brother to my Hornet 600 (known in the USA as a 599).

motocroft

Either have kept my MT09, or.

Was very keen on the CB1000R Black but the whole series is now discounted in Aus. (US and EU markets only)

Possibly a Thruxton.
Possibly a KTM 890.
Possibly either a Duc or Trumpy scrambler.

Breto

Triumph Rocket 111…I had the money to buy the performance model but I was told by a very unreliable dealer that they weren’t importing them. Only to find out they did and I missed out. So yeah…hence the FTR…👍😎