2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
24hrs later 12/16/2020

Attachments

• 669B31C9-CEA7-4E59-BC2B-A1ABAAE6A7C4.jpeg
    669B31C9-CEA7-4E59-BC2B-A1ABAAE6A7C4.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 17

K9F

Hey Max, first and last picture what are the craters all about either side of the yellow center lines?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
thats sick, i would suggest buying a can of acf50, all the hardware on this bike likes to corrode the second it smells salt

K9F

“Rumble strips”, to warn you from hugging the double yellow.

Pretty standard here.

They look potentially hazardous for motorcyclists to me? We too have rumble strips on the edges of highways and coming up to certain junctions and roundabouts but these are thick painted ones that stick up above the surface of the road rather than crater in.

Long Crendon 1 Rumble strips.png

Everything always comes back to ACF50!

Sure does. WD40 on steroids. I have a black stone sink in my kitchen and even use ACF50 on that, spray it and leave it a couple of hours. It brings the sink up better than new as over the years the abuse with solvents and various other harsh chemicals that perhaps shouldn't have gone near the sink did take it's toll on the black finish. I use it liberally on both bikes Winter time for protection but don't use it in the Summer as dust and pollen sticks to it.

Last edited:

K9F

Loud FTR your bike looks great, the colors of the titanium headers are amazing, the machine behind it intrigues me.

Staedtler

They look potentially hazardous for motorcyclists to me? We too have rumble strips on the edges of highways and coming up to certain junctions and roundabouts but these are thick painted ones that stick up above the surface of the road rather than crater in.

View attachment 2548

Sure does. WD40 on steroids. I have a black stone sink in my kitchen and even use ACF50 on that, spray it and leave it a couple of hours. It brings the sink up better than new as over the years the abuse with solvents and various other harsh chemicals that perhaps shouldn't have gone near the sink did take it's toll on the black finish. I use it liberally on both bikes Winter time for protection but don't use it in the Summer as dust and pollen sticks to it.
I have some of those rumble strips by me that the FTR hates, makes my eyesight blurry! My Tiger hardly notices them though..