Where did you ride your FTR today?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Im a little envious of v6, the things he was able to do inside the ecu on the bench makes it almost flawless.

D

Deleted member 706

I just checked the tyre pressures, so I'll tell you when I get back.

D

Deleted member 706

I ended up knocking up about 80 K's on some rural back roads close to home. A few nice bends, I'm glad I kept it real because I found a few sand drifts on the odd corner.

EPOCH6

Wow dude... Good on ya! Seriously, that must off been a fun day out. How is your radiator coping with it? Only asking because you don't have a guard.
So far so good. I honestly think it'll be fine as is. Gets plenty muddy but it doesn't appear to be taking much of a peppering from stones yet despite hammering the poor thing on loose rocks and BC logging roads almost once a ride for the last 4000 km. I'm keeping an eye on it, if I start to see the radiator fins flattening I'll whip something up in the shop.

2021-01-09_10-47-00.jpg

edgelett

Rode from our place to Strathalbyn in the Adelaide Hills to check out a new motor museum.
it's new and only small but definitely worth a look.
Bike wise, they had an incredible 1923 Indian Scout that has been immaculately restored, and an old Harley board track racer.
they also had a good range of old utes, classic Fords and Holdens, and a few other really cool cars and bikes.
One of the coolest bits was they also have a display in honour of the Adelaide Formula 1 Grand Prix showing the old circuit and a heap of memoribilia.
There's also a brilliant library with a heap of stuff donated by Glen Dix (most Aussies know of Glen), which anyone can spend time looking about in, reading old bike/car magazines and newspaper articles.
If you're ever in Adelaide, it's worth checking out.

it was a pretty moderate/slow paced ride due to there being enough rain to wash the bugs off my jacket and make it hard to see, but not quite enough for me to pull over and turn the bike to Rain mode.
Poor Tony didn't have his liner in his jacket so he was freezing when we stopped!
Couple of chaps on a Ducati and an Aprilia came over to check out the FTR and ask a heap of questions about the Toce & other mods I've made, and were quite complimentary about Tony's Roadster too which was nice. Top blokes :)

And if you're keen for the route I took, here's the link: https://myindian.app.link/fdWaSQW16cb#.YAPOeh5k65E.link

1610862671546.png
1610862784836.png
1610862844018.png

1610862809579.png
1610862819708.png
1610862853781.png
1610862863049.png

Last edited:
Just turned over 230 miles... picked up my 2019 FTR 1200 Base on Saturday... holy shit is this not the best bike I"ve ever experienced. It's literally everyhting I wanted. Muscular? Check. Sexy as hell to the point where literally everywhere I stop people ask about it? Check. Fast? Plentttty fast for where I'm coming from, which was a 2018 KTM RC 390 with 40 HP.

I'm taking it to Daytona Bike week in a month; so I've got that long to get it's first service done, sort out all the parts I need for the long trip. But today I took it on the Dallas Tollway and did a couple stints of 60-100 MPH pulls and man it's a fast bike but damn I need a windshield. Not a PERMANENT windshield, I don't think... but I do want one to compare. So that'll be in soon and I'll re-assess how to approach Florida.

I'm in North TX; haven't been able to ride for literally 7 days now. Which is the longest in TX I can EVER remember being unable to ride a bike due to weather lol. It did okay; there is still a bit of snow/ice on the roads so I've gotta be careful. The scariest part was the apartment complex shadowy areas that haven't melted much at all yet. But once I got on the main roads? Things were fine; just SUPER sandy.

Only drove about 3-4 miles and this is the result:

Attachments

• Dirty_FTR.jpg
    Dirty_FTR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16

Timps27

Lol, it hit 40 today in MO and I went for a ride, results are very similar! It's going to take me hours to get it all out, but totally worth it!