Where did you ride your FTR today?

Fuse5

@FTR London ..short question because i don´t know from UK exaclty in rules.
1. Right lane mirrors are ok .. u dont dont have to use both?
2. Front fender disappeared.. if you lucky with it, it would be ok .. allowed in UK?
3. ..not a question.. u use the slippery orig. Indian footpegs in front in british weather conditions... any experience?

FTR London

@FTR London ..short question because i don´t know from UK exaclty in rules.
1. Right lane mirrors are ok .. u dont dont have to use both?
2. Front fender disappeared.. if you lucky with it, it would be ok .. allowed in UK?
3. ..not a question.. u use the slippery orig. Indian footpegs in front in british weather conditions... any experience?
1. There is no legal requirement to have mirrors in the UK
2. Again, not compulsory. I took mine off because I don't like the look of it and it was damaging/scratching the fork shrouds due to reduced clearance - particularly if I landed a wheelie hard.
3. Had no issues whatsoever with the footpegs myself - although I am aware that many have. I do plan to change them. The bars (haven't had time), tyres and exhaust are all being replaced this month.

edgelett

Rode my husband's FTR to the dealer for it's first service (he works opposite side of town so hard for him to get there unless it's a weekend).
it pissed with rain the whole time.
his still has the factory mudguard on it and i honestly didn't notice much difference between that and my tail tidy. Definitely not enough to leave the stock one on anyway lol.

kiwi dave

Rode my husband's FTR to the dealer for it's first service (he works opposite side of town so hard for him to get there unless it's a weekend).
it pissed with rain the whole time.
his still has the factory mudguard on it and i honestly didn't notice much difference between that and my tail tidy. Definitely not enough to leave the stock one on anyway lol.
I refer you to my experience with removing the factory mudguard.

I was out on wet roads yesterday (unintentional!) and the stock rear guard mounted on the LHS of the bike did its job well. I would have been quite wet without it. It's a keeper.

edgelett

I refer you to my experience with removing the factory mudguard
and I refer you to the fact that I probably ride in the rain about twice a year. it really isn't an issue for me, if it wasn't for the fact his bike was booked for a service I wouldn't have been on the bike at all.
not worth keeping the heavy factory guard for me.

kiwi dave

With only three bolts holding it on to the rear of the swinging arm, it's a piece of cake to remove and replace once all the rear lighting has gravitated to under the seat.

But I prefer function over looks, and I could almost guarantee the sky would open as soon as I ventured out on the road. The Gods don't like me, it appears (I'm an atheist).

Rich.ftr

With only three bolts holding it on to the rear of the swinging arm, it's a piece of cake to remove and replace once all the rear lighting has gravitated to under the seat.

But I prefer function over looks, and I could almost guarantee the sky would open as soon as I ventured out on the road. The Gods don't like me, it appears (I'm an atheist).
Funny! I dont think i had a dry ride. Before my 1st service. The youtuber from Bike World who loves a rode a project FTR commented on every time he rides his FTR it rains!
The FTR is a rain magnet for me too. Nearly every ride attracts a few spots at least. Maybe im just eager to ride it and optimistic about the weather.

mmeck

I changed the oil and cleaned the air filter after giving the bike a wash yesterday. It was the bike's first wash so there was quite a bit of accumulated bugs and dust. The tank panel had a nasty little chip in it, that's a 7mm spanner for scale. This is presumably from the incident with the road marker post. I dressed it up in black and rode it to the shop today for the PV3 Bassani, lowering kit etc...
I'm thinking of a creative way of dealing with the chip, any suggestions?
Put a band-aid over it