Need some input here

Indian91

Going to upgrade exhaust but im torn. Not sure if cat delete is worth doing and i don't know anyone that has one in person i would be able to hear.
Here are couple options that look pretty nice am open to suggestions.

Toce with or without cat delete
S&s low mount with or without cat delete

I looked at bassani but honestly dont like the way they look.
Talked to my local dealer and turns out they send stuff to Ryan regularly and highly recommend i do it with mine lol.
Open to suggestions on exhausts as well as cat delete pipes as i see a few people make them

Max Kool

The Toce cat delete link pipe is generally considered the best one.

Just know that a cat delete will make your bike much, much louder, and it doesn't make the bike run better. Even after a tune, a bike with a cat still runs better than without, especially at lower throttle openings. An FTR with the cat in place, and with baffles removed sounds louder, and deeper than stock but still decent.

If you like loud, and can spare a few dollars, get the Toce full system with a V6 tune from Ryan. Not cheap, but the gains are huge.

Last edited:

Charliemurphay

Do you like really loud (louder or as loud as most harleys is closest comparison to me)? Cat-delete. Do you like loud but not too loud? Leave the cat in place. No tune required if leaving the cat but does make bike overall smoother and better.

Indian91

I know this is very subjective but I removed CAT kept stock Akrapovic Exhaust. The sound is better than stock, but not too loud, runs better (probable the Tune) and look better with the CAT gone. Besides they’re is a rash of auto CAT theft in our area saw I just deterred crime too.

Why are they stealing the CATs? I dont have akras i have the other stock ones.

R. Warshawsky

Remus slip-ons with the cat but baffles removed is rich in sound but a bit too loud for my tastes. I previously posted a YouTube video of it.

mark.lb

I have a theory:
The engineers who design engines know the exhaust system must also have a catalytic converter attached. So they design the engine to preform optimally with a catalytic converter built into the exhaust system.
When we remove the catalytic converter because “we don’t like the sound it makes” we have actually re-engineered the engine. Unless we make some further adjustments to the engine design it will no longer run optimally. Unless you are willing to spend the time and money for someone with expertise to re-engineer your engine after you remove the catalytic converter then I suggest you just leave it alone!

K9F

I have a theory:
The engineers who design engines know the exhaust system must also have a catalytic converter attached. So they design the engine to preform optimally with a catalytic converter built into the exhaust system.

Sorry Mark but your theory is flawed,

Only where legislation dictates that a catalytic converter must be fitted and whilst the cat didn't have anything necessarily to do with it the running of any OEM FTR engine by any stretch of the imagination cannot possibly be regarded as optimal.