Need some input here

Indi Ian

ferraiolo1 is the toce alot more user friendly than the racefit growler ?
because of the noise from the growler my mates stay 1/2 mile behind me as it does their heads in ?

cupcake_mike

So, I've put about 300 miles on my racefit (with db killer installed) after installing it a couple days ago. Everything from 40-60mph on gravel to 130+ on smooth highway. Cruising at 87mph down the highway (in 6th at 5k rpm) I can barely hear it over the wind noise. At idle, its not deafening and, actually, if it isn't in the 1500ish high idle, not much louder than other bikes I own with stock exhaust (the FTRs stock exhaust was sewing machine quiet though). Definitely no where near the noise made by a couple of my bikes with (essentially) straight pipes.

The first ride after installing it, I had my son sit out on our front porch while I made a run through the gears over on the highway (about 1.5 miles away), his report back was that he could hear me pretty well from the porch. :)

Maybe my helmet just sucks and I'm used to a bit more wind noise than others, but I really don't see what to complain about as far as the noise with the racefit goes. The noises the racefit makes when you really open the throttle up (or engine brake or down shift, etc) are just outstanding, as well.

Although, I should be happy that some people think its too loud or I wouldn't have gotten such a great deal on it in the first place (from one of our members) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Breto

I ran the naked rider cat delete pipe with the standard Akros and tunes from fuel moto…it was great, especially with the revision B tune…smooth as silk, mega power and very tasteful note. I was quite happy with that setup but the TOCE bug bit me and the rest is history…would I go back?…if for some reason I rendered the TOCE inoperative somehow, yes I would but right now, no…very happy with the TOCE and the secret sauce…👍😎

• Love
Reactions: K9F

Indi Ian

I have the racefit growler ,but am leaning towards the toce same set up as edgeletts with the black can , have had on a few occasiions had the racefit spit its baffle out then it is unbelievably loud it sounds awesome riding through towns just blipping the throttle but if your out on the twisty road all day it to starts to get on yer nerves a bit.

K9F

I ran the naked rider cat delete pipe with the standard Akros and tunes from fuel moto…it was great, especially with the revision B tune…smooth as silk, mega power and very tasteful note. I was quite happy with that setup but the TOCE bug bit me and the rest is history…would I go back?…if for some reason I rendered the TOCE inoperative somehow, yes I would but right now, no…very happy with the TOCE and the secret sauce…👍😎

Hi Breto, The TOCE has 'captivated' me for a while. How did it work with your PV3? Where you able to use the original PV3 from Fuelmoto and if so what did they charge you for the tuning service please? Assumption from me is you now have the Fuelmoto tune as backup and a new tune for the TOCE on the same PV3? This could potentially be a game-changer for me too? Grass looks healthy in your clip!

Breto

Yep same PV3 mate…I had a lot of help from Edgelett after she got hers…originally I bought the PV3 and the K&N through Fuel Moto and sent my bike details to them and got 3 tunes all up…Then after hassling Tash and asking her heaps of questions bit the bullet and purchased the TOCE through Ryan at TOCE via a company here in Aus…Seth from the FTR owners put my in touch with Ryan and he kept me informed the whole way through the build of the exhaust…super nice dude, very talented welder and fabricator…mean time I ordered the secret sauce tune for Australia from Runway Ryan…it came in an email, down loaded it to the PV3 and fitted the TOCE, uploaded the tune and went from there…when I first loaded it I was a little hasty and didn’t give it enough time to actually fully learn the new tune, subsequently it was back firing and spitting sparks out the pipe…quick email and Ryan advised me to reload the tune, let the bike warm up with no throttle till the fan cut in and then turn it off and let it cool down. After that it was perfect mate…big difference between the standard Akros, cat delete pipe and revision B from Fuel Moto ( which was a bloody awesome tune by the way ) but the bike looks so much better and I could get rid of my passenger pegs all together as well. We have cheaper rego here for single seat bikes. Very happy with the TOCE man. Also can’t thank Tash enough for all her help…👍😎🇦🇺

Breto

the PV3 with tune is $500 US. Tune on it's own is cheaper from memory.

ps - you're welcome mate :)
No thank you Tash…helped me out big time. And yeah I think your rite there…couldn’t really remember…mind you some days I can’t remember what I had for lunch…🥴🤦‍♂️😎👍

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You're not my real dad!

LOL

I plan to, just to hear the difference. Haven't had a chance to mess with it, though. Probably in a few days when I get some time off.
Haha. When you said it wasn’t that loud I should have know the db killer was in it.

it sounds so much better with it removed. But it’s hatefully loud.

nailbeater

Going to upgrade exhaust but im torn. Not sure if cat delete is worth doing and i don't know anyone that has one in person i would be able to hear.
Here are couple options that look pretty nice am open to suggestions.

Toce with or without cat delete
S&s low mount with or without cat delete

I looked at bassani but honestly dont like the way they look.
Talked to my local dealer and turns out they send stuff to Ryan regularly and highly recommend i do it with mine lol.
Open to suggestions on exhausts as well as cat delete pipes as i see a few people make them
I've got the basani with the cat delete and the V6 tune from Ryan and my bike runs and sounds awesome . I really love it

nailbeater

I still cant pick a damn exahust lol so many good options. I did notice (correct me if im wrong) that the bassani low mount gets rid of the catalytic converter just in its own design? Don't have to go and buy another section of piping to do it?
That's exactly what I have and I love it plus the tune from Ryan

Indian91

I've got the basani with the cat delete and the V6 tune from Ryan and my bike runs and sounds awesome . I really love it
I haven't heard an ftr1200 with no cat so i really don't know how loud they are. I want to make the right decision the first time ya know

Indian91

Something like this

I can tell its definitely louder but never get the full effect unless in person ya know. Im so torn lol i almost went bassani but part of me is leaning towards the s&s low mount just don't know if cat less or not . And my headers are changing colors which is pissing me off. Not that pretty gold either, more brown. 700miles on bikes

Charliemurphay

I can tell its definitely louder but never get the full effect unless in person ya know. Im so torn lol i almost went bassani but part of me is leaning towards the s&s low mount just don't know if cat less or not . And my headers are changing colors which is pissing me off. Not that pretty gold either, more brown. 700miles on bikes
IMO if you don’t want it to be really really loud, don’t delete the cat. I watched a lot of videos of exhausts without cats before I decided to try it. They did not do justice to how loud it is without it. The sound/tone is great, but for me the volume was unbearable and I ended up reinstalling the cat after 4 days. But if you want loud, get rid of the big ugly box underneath.