Need some input here

Max Kool

Having never ridden an FTR without a cat, I know how loud the FTR can be with just the baffles removed. And I really think it's perfect. I sounds like a bike should, healthy, dark, but not ear deafening.

nailbeater

I haven't heard an ftr1200 with no cat so i really don't know how loud they are. I want to make the right decision the first time ya know
My busani has a baffle in it So it's not super loud it sounds really cool and not over the top and the nice part is it mounts right to the header.

nailbeater

Having never ridden an FTR without a cat, I know how loud the FTR can be with just the baffles removed. And I really think it's perfect. I sounds like a bike should, healthy, dark, but not ear deafening.
The pussani comes with a baffle in it and I got the V6 tune from Ryan and that made all the difference in the world the Bike runs beautifully no more cold starts Perfect torque curve I love it my bike runs awesome

Max Kool

That shouldn't be too hard to get off. Scotchbrite red to get the brown of, then Scotchbrite white and /or metal polish.

nailbeater

The pussani comes with a baffle in it and I got the V6 tune from Ryan and that made all the difference in the world the Bike runs beautifully no more cold starts Perfect torque curve I love it my bike runs awesome
I apologise for the misspelling of bussani. I use voice to text.

Timps27

There’s a pronounced snap to the cat delete, if I ever jump on without a helmet, which is rare, it gets appreciably louder.

Wayne

I run the Akropovic header, cat delete and S&S slip on. In all the dyno tests run by the now out of press American Iron the S&S on the FTR delivered one HP over the next closest competitor on a dyno. Run with and without the cat made no difference on the dyno but the bike wasn't tuned for no cat either. The cat is fairly heavy but at least its down low is not unspung weight. I don't find the sound that offensive under normal riding; perhaps I'm accustomed to much louder on a four stroke motocross bike. I have run Harley's with Vance and Hines Big Radius pipes and they were much louder. With the V6 tune set up for my configuration the bike is way better than stock. I don't know if some of that be attributed to the cat delete or not however I have never seen a race bike run a catalytic converter so I don't think they improve performance. Regardless of cat or not I would recommend a foam earplug for the sake of your long term hearing.

Max Kool

It’s the tune. Remember tuning a street bike is more than outright peak power. Driveability at low to mid rpm and throttle openings is way more important. That’s what sets the V6 apart. 👍🏻