Where did you ride your FTR today?

Breto

Late Father’s Day gathering of my clan…went for a blat with the eldest son…yes I let him take Larry…he loves it…the little bloke is the new addition to our family. Grandchild number 6. He was sitting with dad and it was running. No fear that little dude.
94534F49-9DC0-4A7C-BBED-400DCD6EB569.jpeg17875B8E-EC3F-40EF-9136-F095A6A9B409.jpeg47EB8FB4-DA0E-428A-AFD0-5C4C17A981DA.jpeg03C4BD72-0500-45B4-B83D-C1B10E1EF5F4.jpegNice ride out around Mt Mee…👍😎

EllenGtrGrl

Construction repair work on the apartment building I live in (needed due to the 40 plus year old apartment building I live in having its drainage tiles fail, causing the foundation to shift, and the basement walls start to buckle [I park my FTR1200 in the basement parking lot]) was FINALLY completed enough, that the basement parking lot was reopened on Friday. My FTR was delivered from storage yesterday (it's a good thing I had it stored, the severe weather we had [complete with tornado warnings] during the time my FTR was in storage, would not have been a good thing to expose it to, even with a motorcycle cover on it). It's getting chilly in the morning, making my customary morning work commute a BRRRRRRR!! proposition at 75-85 mph (121-137 kph) on I-94, due to my FTR being unfaired (my legs get cold!). It's borderline temperature-wise (about 57F [14C]), but I'm going to give it the old college try. Luckily temps will be much warmer for the ride home.

K9F

Nobody will ever know how close I came to buying an MV Agusta Brutale Dragster Euro5 today and yes it comes with 17" Kineo spoked wheels as standard. Closest call yet but will wait to see the Bronx if it comes? Glad to put some distance between me and the dealership after a hearty breakfast there.

IMG_2103.jpg

Total of 180 miles today.

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

FTR London

Nobody will ever know how close I came to buying an MV Agusta Brutale Dragster Euro5 today and yes it comes with 17" Kineo spoked wheels as standard. Closest call yet but will wait to see the Bronx if it comes? Glad to put some distance between me and the dealership after a hearty breakfast there.

View attachment 4538

Total of 180 miles today.

View attachment 4539

View attachment 4540
Tasteful 'Forty Eight' that.

Reactions: K9F

Mlazarus

That MV calls to me. The only thing stopping me is money and space. Mostly space. And the fact that if another motorcycle appears in my garage, I will be sleeping with the dogs.

K9F

The MV is one of the most beautiful packaged motorcycles in my eye and akin to a fine piece of art, 800cc 140BHP and some nice tricks/gizmos up it's sleeve, it is also being offered with a lifetime warranty. Nevertheless to retain this warranty there is a regular clutch service to consider as well as the routine ones. The mileage I do we are talking ballpark USD $1500 per year servicing costs alone and the FTR would have to go! I will still wait to see what's around the corner. Small matter but it only comes in two colors light grey and dark grey both denim which doesn't do the bike justice.

vehicle3130_1.jpg

Breto

Never been a fan of the drop headlight. Seems all the manufactures got a hold of the original idea and just copied the shit out of it. It’s a nice bike man but that dropped front I’m not a fan of….just me though man…👍😎

motocroft

The MV is one of the most beautiful packaged motorcycles in my eye and akin to a fine piece of art, 800cc 140BHP and some nice tricks/gizmos up it's sleeve, it is also being offered with a lifetime warranty. Nevertheless to retain this warranty there is a regular clutch service to consider as well as the routine ones. The mileage I do we are talking ballpark USD $1500 per year servicing costs alone and the FTR would have to go! I will still wait to see what's around the corner. Small matter but it only comes in two colors light grey and dark grey both denim which doesn't do the bike justice.

View attachment 4544
Agree - these bikes are superb.
I was lucky enough to be at the Australian launch a couple of years ago.
Article here if you're interested.
MV Agusta Brutale 800RR — delicious | by motocroft | Medium

Reactions: K9F

Aleko

Agree - these bikes are superb.
I was lucky enough to be at the Australian launch a couple of years ago.
Article here if you're interested.
MV Agusta Brutale 800RR — delicious | by motocroft | Medium
My favourite has been the Mv F4..😜..
Guys if we are talkin exotics, we can’t ignore what Bimota has bought out over the years..
Using white power suspension, mazzochi, Marchesini wheels, custom frames. All hand made goodness, married into the best power plants around.
Salute!

Breto

SB6… makes and a average rider good, makes a good rider and GP rider and makes a GP rider into a god…that was a quote from two wheels magazine when they came out…love them…bit strange in some respects like the battery mounted behind the screen but man what a bike…

K9F

My favourite has been the Mv F4..😜..
Guys if we are talkin exotics, we can’t ignore what Bimota has bought out over the years..
Using white power suspension, mazzochi, Marchesini wheels, custom frames. All hand made goodness, married into the best power plants around.
Salute!

'Affordable exotics.' The MV falls into that category for me Bimota certainly doesn't unfortunately.

Breto

SB6 is still commanding 14+ grand second hand here man…affordable if in resealable condition…👍

Breto

A couple of issues with the sub frames to look for but there has been some good examples over the years.