Where did you ride your FTR today?

edgelett

The picture is a little deceiving, there's about 7 inches between the exhaust and the bottom of the bag, plus a heat shield. But yeah, got too hot. Looking at the aftermath, I think if the lithium battery wouldn't have been there, nothing would've ever happened.

I've put over 3k miles on this configuration without a problem, but also, no lithium battery in that pack before.
ah yeah that would do it!

American

Leaving for this ride on tuesday morning with a buddy

View attachment 4408

Gonna do some camping, ride some great roads and see this show

View attachment 4409

We'll likely end up doing 3500ish miles during the upcoming week.
Damn I didn’t even know this was a thing! Some fun bands and it’s kind of surprising to see bands like Sabaton playing stateside for this type of show. Thursday/today is the line up if most want to see.
Halestrom and Spiritbox are both good!

Looks like an awesome ride out there!

motocroft

Rode mine in for a 'Dealer 1st Service' even though I had already done my own.

Thought no harm in another oil change and fresh set of eyes to double check everything when new (and after even more kms)

They gave me a Scout as a loner bike. Was surprised by how much I liked it. 👍

K9F

They gave me a Scout as a loner bike. Was surprised by how much I liked it. 👍

Colin Moore of Moore Speed Racing prefers his Scout over his FTR. When I asked him why he simply stated that he relies on his motorcycle for his daily commute to the dealership. The FTR is potentially too much of a licence loser and he (as I do on occasion) finds himself well above the speed limit before he knows it. The Scout due to it's lower stance and riding position it seems you're flying along at reasonable speeds which made perfect sense to me having a very low slung cruiser as a second bike myself.

FTR London

Colin Moore of Moore Speed Racing prefers his Scout over his FTR. When I asked him why he simply stated that he relies on his motorcycle for his daily commute to the dealership. The FTR is potentially too much of a licence loser and he (as I do on occasion) finds himself well above the speed limit before he knows it. The Scout due to it's lower stance and riding position it seems you're flying along at reasonable speeds which made perfect sense to me having a very low slung cruiser as a second bike myself.
I've elected to appear in court on Tuesday to appeal for my licence...facing a possible disqualification for that very reason. Saying that, if I'd been on the R1 on that road, the speed would have been way into triple figures.

K9F

I've elected to appear in court on Tuesday to appeal for my licence...facing a possible disqualification for that very reason. Saying that, if I'd been on the R1 on that road, the speed would have been way into triple figures.

I wish you well.

Got a mate going through a similar process. Due to his nervous disposition and throwing up before each test he took an incredible 8 attempts at passing Mod 1 and Mod 2. He is by no means a speed merchant and bought a Yamaha SCR 950. He became embroiled in a fight or flee situation with a load of louts in a car in a 30mph limit as they considered him to be holding them up. They pulled alongside inches from him. He decided to gun the bike to get away from them and got nailed by a fixed camera. His situation could end up with his licence being revoked and having to take his test all over again? He has hired the services of a good brief and awaits his day in court as I type.

motocroft

I could see something like a scout as a second bike one day maybe in the future.

Staedtler

These have been getting decent reviews. Such an intriguing motorcycle. How was it?
Actually…it rides really well. Taking into account it’s HD’s first foray into a modern bike, it ticks all the right boxes from a riding experience. Fit and finish feel like it’s been built down to a price, but it rides great. Engine goes well in sport mode mode, makes a big difference over normal. Feels like it gives more torque/power in sport mode rather than just speeding up the throttle response.
Chassis is really planted, handles well but stable too. I have a Tiger 800 and it adds the torque/performance I sometimes miss in that, but not quite as flickable.
Tall bike though, I’m 6ft and I’m not flat footed on it…

edgelett

my husband and I recently watched The Long Way Up - the most recent Ewan McGregor/Charlie Boorman series about riding their bikes around the world.
What was cool was they did it on the Harley Livewire electric bikes, but Harley modified them for them so they were more like adventure bikes.
Watching the series AFTER the Pan America came out, you can see what aspects from those two prototypes have made it in to the Pan America today.
I was honestly surprised at how well the bikes went.

Fastindianjohn

This summer I rode my FTR from Portland Oregon to Los Angeles and back down the Pacific coast solo, camping 4 nights each way. I've put 8,500 miles on the bike since buying it new last summer and it just keeps making me smile!

Attachments

• 20210607_154142.jpg
    20210607_154142.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 20210716_183343.jpg
    20210716_183343.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 20210716_122433.jpg
    20210716_122433.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210605_110544.jpg
    20210605_110544.jpg