Where did you ride your FTR today?

Max Kool

Sorry, wrong bike (she runs on Indian 15W60 though 😄). But she deserved some extra attention after all the love my FTR got the past month.

Mid 80’s to low 90’s, nearly empy roads (except for a few dodos riding in the way).

Three hours of the best canyons. 🖤

851F8EE2-EF27-4B03-9435-4116E92FE7DF.jpeg

BB012C0E-5C69-42F7-B082-A486973BC49A.jpeg

2F051118-DF4F-4530-A426-C476E830BE4E.jpeg

S2Davies

Had a great day out yesterday. I set off west with the idea that I would just turn round when I got bored................I turned round 153 miles later! I just popped into Wales then stopped at Hay-on-Wye. It was nice to do a decent distance for a change and some of the roads through the Malvern hills are great. All in all a very nice time, but that being said, 8 hours on a stock saddle, need I say more? 😁 Oh, and the liquid on the floor in one of the pics is not mine (bike or otherwise 😬).

Attachments

• Malvern b.jpg
    Malvern b.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Malvern a.jpg
    Malvern a.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Hay-on-Wye b.jpg
    Hay-on-Wye b.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 8
  • Hay-on-Wye a.jpg
    Hay-on-Wye a.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 9

cupcake_mike

Watching with interest @cupcake_mike

Funny thing about that, this is what it looked like before I left this morning.

20210907_080031.jpg

About an hour later the right bag was smoking. I think maybe the Jumpstart pack inside the case got too hot and started a fire inside the bag (no pics of that), but at least only my sleeping bag and tent got singed. I returned home and transferred everything to my SDGT and headed out. Made it to Kentucky lake (in Tennessee) about 600 miles and 10hrs later.

edgelett

yeah that exhaust is blowing right in to the pannier. Honestly not surprised it caused an issue.
Bummer you couldn't go on the FTR :(

cupcake_mike

yeah that exhaust is blowing right in to the pannier. Honestly not surprised it caused an issue.
Bummer you couldn't go on the FTR :(

The picture is a little deceiving, there's about 7 inches between the exhaust and the bottom of the bag, plus a heat shield. But yeah, got too hot. Looking at the aftermath, I think if the lithium battery wouldn't have been there, nothing would've ever happened.

I've put over 3k miles on this configuration without a problem, but also, no lithium battery in that pack before.

motocroft

Funny thing about that, this is what it looked like before I left this morning.

View attachment 4436

About an hour later the right bag was smoking. I think maybe the Jumpstart pack inside the case got too hot and started a fire inside the bag (no pics of that), but at least only my sleeping bag and tent got singed. I returned home and transferred everything to my SDGT and headed out. Made it to Kentucky lake (in Tennessee) about 600 miles and 10hrs later.
Far out dude - sketchy.
Glad you got it off the bike and sorted before it had the opportunity to spread too much.