17" wheels!

orplid77

i don't know any buyer who has got his rims until now.although 3 weeks ago it was said that the first rims were shipped.this incompetent company will never change

Davo10R

Hey you all. I know you guys are ready to Kill Lumir and you guys are really sick of waiting!!!! I just want to assure you that you will get them 100%. When you do you will be very happy I assure you. I posted on here once before though I don't ride Indian but I do work with Lumir. I want you to know I keep you guys in the forefront of his mind and he is definitely working on them. We know how important customer service is and what bad reviews can do to a reputation. In his defense 5 1/2 inch rim is not what he primarily stocks. You also have a brand new fitment here with Indian. So the base rim stays the same but you need to machine new rotor carrier's and spacers. Then send them off to be anodized. The Red color too takes two steps..a base coat and a clear...If you rush you get noticeable flaws which after waiting all this time you guys wood freak!!! I want to assure you of the quality too. I put a set on my ZX10R and they are mint. My stock wheels were already pretty light but these are lighter of course. The bearings we use are top shelf Italian made SKF and they are very good!! I mounted Bridgestone R11's on mine and both wheels balanced out in the same place with a small 1/4once weight. I've had them almost maxed out and they roll smooth as glass. All of the hardware and cush drive components are top shelf too. Titax has a real small center hub so the spokes look long and elegant....its not a chunky looking wheel. What can you expect handling wise...Well as I said I mounted new tires too so my initial turn in was way to aggressive and I had to catch it as I over steered on my first corners. It was that noticeable of a change. You will also notice the stiffness and feel because the have a lot of strength. You won't have to worry about pot holes! When you rap on the wheel you can hear the difference is sound as a stock cast wheel has a dead lifeless sound...not that this matters but its a result of a really good forging. I have been busy trying to find a few good stateside vendors with Motowheels.com out west being the first. We are in talks with two other vendors on the east coast. One of the vendors is waiting on his sample too because he needs 5 1/2 rear for an R6. In Europe the Yamaha Cup guys run 6 inch again this has cause some of your delay. You use a different size billet for the smaller size, you don't just carve out more material. Time on a CNC is money. At some point we would like to have a stateside store with stock to the time to the customer. After he gives you a tracking number you will not have to wait longer than 2 weeks for them to arrive packed nice a tidy. I have also sent a Red Set to Rickey Gadson for his Gen 1 500hp Kawasaki. We are waiting for his review and we hope to see them on YouTube in the near future at the track. Trust me there is a long wait for wheels from OZ and Marchesini too and forget about asking them to make you some for an Indian and get them right away. Vendors loose more money each year because people do not want to wait. Again I'm writing you guys just to assure you that you will get them and most of the pain is the 5.5inch rear billet. I speak to Lumir often and I always ask for you guys on the delivery status. I promise you will get them and no one is using your money whooping it up at the titty bar in the Czech Republic...lol...I've included some pics of them mounted on my bike....They are worth the wait!

Attachments

• 20210131_213419.jpg
    20210131_213419.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210525_111651.jpg
    20210525_111651.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210525_111723.jpg
    20210525_111723.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210525_111731.jpg
    20210525_111731.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210525_111834.jpg
    20210525_111834.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210525_111926.jpg
    20210525_111926.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

Davo10R

Sorry the pictures look a little blury...not sure why. Do yourself a favor source a set of Italian made 45 degree valve stems and get some high gloss black wheel weights. You dont want to jank them up with anything else. Don't skimp on the valves either trust me. All the best to you guys and I hope we make you happy very soon.

Davo10R

By the way I said 45 degree I meant 83degree Italian Made valve stems. You will need the 8.3mm size. What's most important is the machined threads where the Schrader Valve Screws in. The cheap variety doesn't tighten properly and they also move around on the wheel. Here are some photos of your adapters...Progress!!!!! Lumir is going to give me a firm date for you guys this week. I do my best to only deal in facts!!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20210525-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210525-WA0002.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20210525-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210525-WA0001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20210525-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210525-WA0000.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12

Davo10R

Not sure if you have these photos but I figured I would post them for you. Again thank you all very much 🙏 for your patience. We really do appreciate you and thank you very much for choosing Titax!

Attachments

• 1611596361829_2. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    1611596361829_2. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 1611596363931_3. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    1611596363931_3. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 1611596368611_4. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    1611596368611_4. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 1611596371380_15. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    1611596371380_15. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 1611596418351_1. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    1611596418351_1. INDIAN FTR1200.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 24

K9F

As a show of good faith instead of trying to peddle further goods why not go ask Lumir to offer those that have been waiting for so long and spoon fed tall stories about expected shipment dates some form of recompense for their disappointment and frustration? Doesn't matter how good they are customer relations need building upon and if I had wanted a set I wouldn't be ordering a set or recommending them based on this thread alone!

I feel everyone's frustration!

I hope Lumir values you as a good friend for coming on here?

Davo10R

I hear you totally. I myself went through a long period of waiting and it's the only reason I posted this. I did expect a chorus of cheers or even a thank you. I just gave you what I had and I wanted to let you know that I read all of your post and I have relayed them to Lumir. I wasn't part of the initial proposal and I don't know what promises were made when this deal was struck. Thank you anyway. I am doing my best to help expedite this order to you guys and I really have no horses in the race.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You already did all this a few months ago.

the adapters are nice. But he needs to stop giving out ship dates if he doesn’t have the product in hand.

Last edited:

K9F

.........but I do work with Lumir..........We know how important customer service is and what bad reviews can do to a reputation.......

Sorry Davo 10R but based on the above how can you possibly justify the below?

I am doing my best to help expedite this order to you guys and I really have no horses in the race.

As stated a show of goodwill to all those that have ordered 'may' go someway to salvage the appalling reputation that you are now building?

Davo10R

I know I have told Lumir not say anything that isn't 100% accurate but often he doesn't want to repeat himself because you will think he is crazy. Plus he doesn't like to write much because his English isn't perfect in his eyes.
In the photo some of your adapters are not finished yet because they are the most tedious to make requiring multiple unclamping and then reseting for the next CNC pass. This adds hours to the process. Depending how many mills you have this takes forever. The rear wheel you set in the clamps and 20 hours later one side is done.. you have to change tooling but the machine will do that.. First you are taking large bites of AL but later you have to slow down or you will have an ugly surface with obvious tool marks.. The finer the finished surface the more time it takes.. Then the carriers/adapters go out to the anodizer and if we are luckily he will not make us wait but if he a larger, higher priority order we have to wait. They were the last things I waited for on my ZX10R wheels. I actually waited much longer than you guys because when I sent my money in 2019 he had just improved the design so I had to wait for them to be finalized and recertified. He has since changed the rear rotor carrier on my wheels taking more weight out of it at my suggestion. It looks much prettier more intricate but takes longer to make. Rickey Gadson got the new design. I will too at some point...Speaking of Rickey he sent us Ceramic Bearings to install for him. They took forever to arrive in the Czech Republic but we still managed to get them to him with 3 day shipping in less than 30 days. Why? Because we had everything in stock even thoug we had to paint them red and wait on bearings...We have a larger stock of the most common bikes and that's the reason the Cup Guys got served before you. We didn't have to design, machine, anodize new parts.
I also used Titanium Fastners for the Rotor Carrier's...small amount of weight as I could just go on a diet!😅....Im not trying to make excuses but these things do take a lot of time and for the cost, Titax is very affordable and to me worth the wait. Hell I paid $1500 for PM's in 1990 so you guys got a great deal especially for a new product. Performance Machine makes Wheels for your bike too but they are $3500...You want bright red well that will extra too. They are a much larger operation with many top of the line Haaus Mills so it cuts down on their milling time. Titax is growing slowly and its kind of nice that you won't have a wheel that everyone else has too. One of the reasons I chose Titax. The other I don't like the large center hub of other designs. PVM was other choice but they are pricey! For the money I think you guys made the best choice. Remember he only took your order on because of the amount you ordered and he really isn't making very much off you guys when you factor in Mill Time and Shipping Cost...
Also look how long it took BST just to make Carrier's for your bike considering they had the base wheel in production already. Manufacturers don't make anything unless their is a strong enough demand to offset the cost for tooling, design, and mill time. The cost of BST is crazy too compared to Titax...Then in the back of my mind I would worry if I need to have them x-rayed because I slammed a pot hole or set it down hard after a mono...No bashing here just my own fears. Plus the saved money you can upgrade your suspension or do motor work...Anyway I wrote you guys just to assure you that you will get them and that the quality of the product is high. If I post a date on here it will be accurate or I won't post it...I dont want you any extra reasons to curse but I understand you totally!!😂
I hate making excuses or trying to cover up anything. Trust me I am doing my very best to make Lumir mindful of the time and the impact of your reviews. I'm not sure if he will do it with you but because I had to wait he threw in Levers, adjustable clip ons and bar ends. Like $600 dollars worth of kit...Who does that!! Sorry for being long winded but I just want to give you the whole picture and assure you that you are not getting screwed over. By the way I picked up my Sprocket from the Spocketcenter.com. There Superlite Sprocket is very well made and it will last or the Afam unit. I run a 520 Chain and if you guys have not made the conversion I recommend you do. You will save at least +2 pounds that you will notice. DID just improved their 520 race Chain or if you are on a budget see my friends at Partsgiant.com...You can grab a Sunstar 520 race chain for around $100...I guarantee it's good!!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You’re not telling us anything we don’t know. Titax has been around for years. And there is a long history of very late fulfillment’s, making adapters for a rotor with a larger company and cnc machines shouldn’t be an excuse.

and those pictures of them loosely fitted on a bike are months old, still haven’t seen a ftr with these wheels fully fitted on the ground.

plot twist, Davo is actually Lumir.