New tuning options from Lloydz ( Ryan ).

...That was my only question and it turned into some sort of argument over lack of tuners..
I can see how you could get that impression. Posting is sometimes interpreted in the wrong way. As I read the posts, I got the same impression that when you were referencing "tuners" you were describing the people that actually do the tuning, not tuning hardware products.

Knowing the people that posted, they were only trying to clear up misconceptions, not be argumentative. There are a lot of great people posting and just trying to help.

Charliemurphay

I can see how you could get that impression. Posting is sometimes interpreted in the wrong way. As I read the posts, I got the same impression that when you were referencing "tuners" you were describing the people that actually do the tuning, not tuning hardware products.

Knowing the people that posted, they were only trying to clear up misconceptions, not be argumentative. There are a lot of great people posting and just trying to help.
Hey now don’t you go being all reasonable! Lots of us like to argue til we’re blue in the face!

...I kid of course everyone here is great because we all have the best bike.

DeplorableOne

Yeah I can see that, it's very strange that having 2 people tuning the bikes is considered a lot of tuning options. Not even a big deal. My actual question was about the necessity of sending it in. Seems like that's the best possible outcome and I'm perfectly fine with it if it's going to give me best performance. It just means I have to plan accordingly since I'll have to Uber around the week I'm without my bike. Now I just have to figure out which exhaust to go with I'm sure that will be another can of worms 😂.

Charliemurphay

Yeah I can see that, it's very strange that having 2 people tuning the bikes is considered a lot of tuning options. Not even a big deal. My actual question was about the necessity of sending it in. Seems like that's the best possible outcome and I'm perfectly fine with it if it's going to give me best performance. It just means I have to plan accordingly since I'll have to Uber around the week I'm without my bike. Now I just have to figure out which exhaust to go with I'm sure that will be another can of worms 😂.
If you’re looking for the highest performance combo, my understanding is the Toce Low Mount with Ryan’s bench tune is the highest proven power output.

I personally have the Fuel Moto rev B tune and the S&S slip-on (with cat) and am very happy with it and can vouch for their very responsive customer service.

DeplorableOne

I am interested in making it sound better, rather than like a sewing machine. I'm on the fence between the akra header and the toce. Toce finishes are ugly to me though. I'm going to see if they can make a raw can rather than black or polished. Toce sounds fantastic though and I'm impressed with their engineering and billet exhaust bracket...dammit gotta drop over $2k on an exhaust and tune though 😬

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
They can do what ever you want if you request it.

I personally like polished. So I had them polish all my stuff and the bracket

DeplorableOne

Yeah I'm wondering if the polished will stay cleaner longer, that's what I hate about the stock headers, and why the akra header is intriguing

Gene Hunt

Lloydz never did logs from remote bikes, as you cant get all the info needed simply by logging with the PV3 since it doesnt have all the sensors. But they did do remote tuning via their dealer networks, which have a whole array of sensors and computer that records logs.

However each version of the tunes got smoother as they got more data from a crap load of bikes over the years.

Yes v5 is the latest version you can use via the PV3, v6 and what every versions come after will be the bench flash.

I have v6 and my buddy has v6, with the exact same mods, the v6 is much smoother, because more tables can be altered while the ecu is on the bench, vs the DJ software

Bench flashing is nothing new, its been done with jap bikes for years, ive had a few of mine bench flashed.

@genehunt do you have v5?

Yep V5 as I have the original software. Reading this thread it makes me wonder if Ryan has actually Dyno'd an FTR with a decat and Akra High Mount.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
original software doesnt automatically mean you have v5.

v1-v5 were all for the original software. V5 was just the latest tune update, so depending on when you bought your tune, will depend which version you have, you can look in your tuner and it should tell you.

And yes, he has dynoed about every exhaust configuration out there.

Gene Hunt

Well I purchased it in Jan this year. I went with Ryan because of the perceived support I would get, but it looks like I was mistaken.

I don't believe that this bikes cold start issues cannot be fixed with all that can be tweaked with the PV3. If the stalling does not improve over the next couple of rides then I'll go FuelMoto.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Then you have V5. Try them both, i know of one person who went to FM after ryan, and many who went to ryan after FM. My dealer being one of them

You say cold start issues, is it actually stalling after starting? or is it not smooth while riding till it reaches temp? What are you letting it warm up to before you start riding?

from the owners manual

Attachments

• CD4B2D3C-5E4F-46C8-A092-A5EE1E1857A8.jpeg
    CD4B2D3C-5E4F-46C8-A092-A5EE1E1857A8.jpeg
    726 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Gene Hunt

Then you have V5. Try them both, i know of one person who went to FM after ryan, and many who went to ryan after FM. My dealer being one of them

You say cold start issues, is it actually stalling after starting? or is it not smooth while riding till it reaches temp? What are you letting it warm up to before you start riding?

from the owners manual
Stalling after starting. I find it strange that they use such a thick oil for a water cooled engine, when the Harley Evo don't use oil this thick.

K9F

Well I purchased it in Jan this year. I went with Ryan because of the perceived support I would get, but it looks like I was mistaken.

There are two “camps” for tuning.........Both have rave reviews, both offer lifetime support, it really doesn’t matter too much which you decide to go with..........

Without wishing to open a proverbial can of worms here or get into heated debate, I (as others have mentioned too) was under the distinct impression both 'tuning camps' who both churn out excellent results offered a 'lifetime support' on the remote tuning services they peddle? Am I wrong and if you have issues without the facility of logging rides and sending them in how are the issues resolved?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Stalling after starting. I find it strange that they use such a thick oil for a water cooled engine, when the Harley Evo don't use oil this thick.

Weird, hows your battery?

And did you explain to them its stalling after starting?