Where did you ride your FTR today?

EllenGtrGrl

Max - that looks like one fun road to ride!

I'm going through serious riding withdrawal. Hopefully today, I'll get the battery situation resolved. I live just east of the lake country, which has some hilly, killer back roads for riding, and I'm itching to get out on those roads to do some riding. Wisconsin may not be mountainous, but it is relatively hilly. Supposedly, before the glaciers came through the area, 15,000 plus years ago, this area was a lot like the Ozarks. As a matter of fact if you get in the Driftless area in the southwestern part of the state, it's still like pre-glacial Wisconsin, since the glaciers never went over that area. It's chock full of ridges and valleys, and is a blast for motorcycles. When I graduated from The University of WIsconsin with Engineering Degree #1, in the early summer of 1987, with nothing to do (I had no engineering job prospects [the late 80s & early 90s were not a good time to go to school for Engineering] and my temp job with the US Postal Service had just ended) until dear old dad could come and pick me up from Madison, I took the Honda I had at the time, and road my brains out in the Driftless area (it begins about 30 miles southwest of Madison). I had a blast! It was almost like riding the motorcycling version of a roller coaster, with all of the valleys and ridges.

Max Kool

Max - that looks like one fun road to ride!
Absolutely is. The Malibu canyons are like a maze of canyon roads. One busier than the other, and all fun to ride. This particular one hardly sees any traffic as it is further away from the city, and more demanding to ride as some others.

#perks

docryan

Left town earlish this morning and headed up to state college PA with a friend. Put about 200 miles on covering mostly secondary roads , up and down 3 mountains one way. First really nice day since I’ve owned the ftr and Put it through some serious paces too. Love this bike ! Haha I’m tired but not exhausted Thanks to this riding position and suspension. Found out how easy it is to lift the front end up with a little bit of throttle on the bumpy pa backroads. My friend on his triumph scrambler Generally rides much much harder than I do but I had no problems keeping up. Great day , wish I could do it again. Almost 1000 miles on the clock , it’s gonna be a heavy riding summer im sure. 76C4C7B5-E453-4E80-886D-91C3512A4DC4.jpeg286E6018-BEDC-4BCD-948F-D564C3464208.jpeg

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You’re at my home turf! I work at the airport down the road from the stadium.

I’m currently in the poconos mingling with the in-laws harleys

Attachments

• 92C35542-66BA-42EE-995C-A2F7B8838206.jpeg
    92C35542-66BA-42EE-995C-A2F7B8838206.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 19

mark.lb

We made it up to a sunny and clear 76*F today in Pittsburgh before late afternoon rain showers spoiled the fun. Had a great ride on the back roads of Western PA today. Did about 30 miles on each bike. We are officially in the Covid19 “Yellow Zone” today. The - stay at home order - is over and some businesses are starting to open back up!

Attachments

• 3561B5D6-ECA8-47D5-9434-864BAB782216.jpeg
    3561B5D6-ECA8-47D5-9434-864BAB782216.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 11

docryan

You’re at my home turf! I work at the airport down the road from the stadium.

I’m currently in the poconos mingling with the in-laws harleys

dude as I was typing that I thought someone from the group was living in Centre! I did 3 or so loops around the circuit, took that picture and left. If there was more open in town I probably would have stayed longer. Took 26 South and ate lunch on top of the Rothrock lookout and then headed back to Huntington. we carried some serious speed down to Huntington. The technical stuff was 522 from shade gap / burnt cabins/ fannettsburg and horse valley. I was pleased state college wasn’t crazy busy. I’m used to that place being a nightmare to navigate.

mark.lb

Ferraiolo1 - Who in the group rides the Honda with hot pink trim? If it is not a woman then that guy better have some mad hot riding skills!

K9F

Amazing roads Max. Puts me in mind of the Moselle wine growing area of Germany.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ferraiolo1 - Who in the group rides the Honda with hot pink trim? If it is not a woman then that guy better have some mad hot riding skills!

lol
Yeah that’s my gf. She does pretty well on her Beta enduro bike as well

today we did another loop to the Delaware water gap and blue ridge winery to pick up supplies

her mom rides the white breakout and her dad rides the cvo breakout. They both had victories, but once they went under they dumped them. They will go back to Indians for their next bike

Attachments

• DE17818D-27BB-434D-8A90-B7BCBCA49E63.jpeg
    DE17818D-27BB-434D-8A90-B7BCBCA49E63.jpeg
    852.6 KB · Views: 11

K9F

CVO Breakouts indeed Breakouts in general I have an affinity with. Badass looking but shit in the handling stakes. Could never part with mine. Not for now anyway.

southampton.jpg

S2Davies

Went for a ride south west to the Swindon area to meet up with K9F today. I didn't realise that the Swindon area is the American Twin capital of the UK. So many HDs past where we stopped.
Two pictures, check out the number plates, and another point of interest is the building in the back ground. It's what used to be called a "Pub" (also known as, hostelry, public house, boozer etc). Apparently in the old days people would drive or ride to them, buy and consume drinks then go home.....bizarre :)

Attachments

• FTR - Meet Up (1 of 2).jpg
    FTR - Meet Up (1 of 2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • FTR - Meet Up (2 of 2).jpg
    FTR - Meet Up (2 of 2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11

K9F

:cool::LOL:

Just posted up a very similar post on the other forum. Ironically got some pictures in my phone almost identical. Pleasure hooking up and a great ride to and from tearing it up over Salisbury Plain. Shame the pub was shut.

pair1.jpg